OPP crash during chase on 400 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

OPP crash during chase on 400

Tough crowd. A guy shoots at his brother and then shoots another lady in the process of carjacking her. Most people would turn around and the go the opposite direction as quickly as possible...the cops can't. Is the chase the perfect scenario? No. Did the shooter get caught? Yes. Good enough for me. I'm glad the cops did their job.
Exactly!....

So can you enlighten us on the strict OPP pursuit policies? Armed carjacking.....just keep following him until we can get a spike down and hopefully we don't kill anyone in the process......armed car jacking and the suspect pulls over and fires at us......no worries just keep chasing. If this is what a pursuit looks like from very experienced officers I couldn't even imagine what would happen if some not so experienced officers got involved in the pursuit. Fact of the matter is they endangered public lives for way too long and they should consider themselves lucky nobody was hurt
All these trained officers...both involved and supervising....were wrong. You were right.

All these trained officers...both involved and supervising....were wrong. You were right.

Devils advocate here. I have worked with many trained officers and supervisors that were incompetent and wrong on a daily basis.

I knew of a few officers that would write off cruisers regularly. It became a joke to the force.

"You hear officer whats-their-noodle wrote off another cruiser?"

Some cop crashed hard into another cop car while they were chasing some car theives through Burlington a couple months ago. There was something like a dozen police cars chasing an old POS GMC Astrovan and the perps still got away. Does the OPP go to the Chief Wiggum driving school?

Last edited:
That was just crazy. You could see that was going to happen. A couple of big trucks can't manoeuvre very quickly. The guy in the SUV looked like he just ploughed into the back of the truck in order to avoid the spikes :)

Bringing an SUV to a car chase is like bringing a knife to a gun fight :)

They weren't necessarily wrong but they didn't do the greatest job. Whether it's the training, lack of communication, or maybe the local laws and regulations handicapping them - this wasn't exactly a well executed chase. No need to get all argumentum ad populum about it.

Back
Top Bottom