Renew your licence sticker online | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Renew your licence sticker online

I miss the Kiosks - you used to be able to a ton at those - new stickers, abstracts, etc etc. They had 2 or 3 of them at the Oshawa Centre and you were usually done in under 10 minutes even if there were people in line.

On the other hand, going to any Service Ontario facility for some of the things the kiosks offered, well....best plan on losing at least 1 or 2 hours of your life.

I miss the Kiosks - you used to be able to a ton at those - new stickers, abstracts, etc etc. They had 2 or 3 of them at the Oshawa Centre and you were usually done in under 10 minutes even if there were people in line.

On the other hand, going to any Service Ontario facility for some of the things the kiosks offered, well....best plan on losing at least 1 or 2 hours of your life.

I also liked the kiosks. Used to renew everything on my coffee break. Now it's a 10 minute drive to a Service Ontario that's almost always empty.
This year had to get the twins their licenses, and made the mistake of going to the nearest DriveTest Centre during the March break.
Even on a Tuesday at 11 am it was a six hour wait. I was told that the Friday would be worse and have less staff.

I could swear I renewed online after expiry. Definitely renewed 1 day or same day as expiry.

Haven't been to an mto office in a long time thankfully

I can't remember what I posted 5 mins ago. Now I gotta remember my birthday??

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app
Nope. Just remember when the family gives you a cake with candles on it. Bonus tip: Count the candles to know how old you are.

Nope. Just remember when the family gives you a cake with candles on it. Bonus tip: Count the candles to know how old you are.
They don't get me a cake. ?

They don't get me a cake. ? sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app
Then you can either buy yourself one every month and wait until they put candles on it, or check the last six digits of your driver's license every once in a while and buy a cake at the appropriate time.

I also liked the kiosks. Used to renew everything on my coffee break. Now it's a 10 minute drive to a Service Ontario that's almost always empty.
Where is this almost empty Service Ontario? We have just one in Orangeville and any time you go there the entire waiting area is filled. For this reason I have renewed my stickers online for the past few years. I dread when I have to go in there to get a new photo for my driver's licence!

This year had to get the twins their licenses, and made the mistake of going to the nearest DriveTest Centre during the March break.
Even on a Tuesday at 11 am it was a six hour wait. I was told that the Friday would be worse and have less staff.
I have yet to see a nearly empty Service Ontario. Closest one I found was Aurora and that was still a half hour wait from lining up from the entrance (maybe 15 people) at like 2pm on a weekday.

Sent from my Pixel using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Where is this almost empty Service Ontario? We have just one in Orangeville and any time you go there the entire waiting area is filled. For this reason I have renewed my stickers online for the past few years. I dread when I have to go in there to get a new photo for my driver's licence!

I have yet to see a nearly empty Service Ontario. Closest one I found was Aurora and that was still a half hour wait from lining up from the entrance (maybe 15 people) at like 2pm on a weekday.

Sent from my Pixel using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Some of the small town ones are often quiet. I used to go through Norwood every day for work and the Service Ontario is the size of a broom closet, but it was also often empty - I'd get in and out in 5 minutes. I changed runs so I don't get out that way anymore, but now I always try to go to the one in Colborne instead - a little bit busier, but still a far cry from the 60+ minute waits at any of the Bowmanville/Oshawa area locations.

That's a good tip ...did not know there was one in Norwood ...thanks. FYI there is a good locksmith that does motorcycle keys for $5 but only on Saturday morning ( mobile truck just a little ways west of the Winston Churchill intersection on the the south side.

Well if @Baggsy tells everyone where the empty office is, it won't be empty anymore!
Fwiw, I used to be able to walk in to the one on Queen in Brampton by the CT and have 3 ladies say in unison " can I help you?" because it was so empty. Everyone was lined up at the one across the street on Gateway. They caught on now. Busy AF.

Well if @Baggsy tells everyone where the empty office is, it won't be empty anymore!
Fwiw, I used to be able to walk in to the one on Queen in Brampton by the CT and have 3 ladies say in unison " can I help you?" because it was so empty. Everyone was lined up at the one across the street on Gateway. They caught on now. Busy AF.

It is ONLY a three hour ride from the GTA?

There's also one in Lakefield, Campbellford, and I think Tweed - over the years when I found myself in those locals daily as part of my work routine I'd frequent all 3 when I needed something. The Lakefield one was always fairly busy, but again, any of the above were FAR better than any GTA ones.

The one in Brighton is actually run by a few awesome ladies who seem like they know everyone who walks in the door - free drinks in the little fridge in the waiting room as well. I went in there a few weeks ago to run a VIN on an old vehicle I owned but I suspected hadn't been changed over by the buyer yet and they spent 20 minutes helping me out - it was quiet and the other wicket was open so I wasn't holding things up. I found the car indeed still in my name as well as a cornucopia of other vehicles I sold years, and even decades ago - my 1983 Yamaha Seca 900 was still in my name for that matter and I sold that bike circa 1994! They helped me get all of them removed. Gotta like the small town thing - you'd never get that sort of assistance at a bit city Service Ontario location.

Back
Top Bottom