Death wobble caught on video | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Death wobble caught on video

That didn't look like a front tire blow-out. Looks like he grabbed a lot of front brake for some reason...

That didn't look like a front tire blow-out. Looks like he grabbed a lot of front brake for some reason...

Yeah but you can see the rear wheel lock up for some reason. There's no flat tires on that bike. Another "How did he do it?" Harley rider.

Such a bad feeling. My old k75 shook hard enough that pieces of trim started flying off.

comments from the first vid

[FONT=&quot]Published on Jun 30, 2017[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This guy merged onto the I-80E (Sacramento, CA) on his motorcycle as we were driving in the fast lane. As he merged, his bike would shake and wobble. He sometimes would only have one hand on the handle bars while it was shaking!! We couldn't figure out why it was shaking, but we noticed it would only do it once he hit high speeds. We paced him for 5-10 miles after watching him "almost" loose control (about 5 or 6 times), so I got my phone out, thinking "its only a matter of time before he crashes" and I wanted the video as evidence in case anyone else got hurt. Sure enough the very moment I get my phone out, happens to be the time he loses control. We pulled over immediately.....called 911, and help the man (and his bike) off to the side of the road as quickly as possible. He did walk over to the right shoulder by himself. His face was really mashed up (his nose looked broken) and arms covered in blood. Crazy road rash!!! I still wonder how he's doing :(
[/FONT]

I thought i read some where some time ago that some HD' s had a wobble issue.... dont quote me on this one...

dunno what made the harley suddenly fall hard over left tho there is what looks like a puff of white smoke bottom right at the start of the event,

couldn't come up with a better pix

ir29lx.jpg

I thought i read some where some time ago that some HD' s had a wobble issue.... dont quote me on this one...

Harley Davidson has been taken to court over weave/wobble on its Electra Glide models, however the case went nowhere. I think I heard something about it being related to loose engine mounts. HD being the biggest guy on the block has been taking criticism for what is a long-time problem and is well documented across the motorcycle industry. In most cases the problem can be traced back to a variety of front and rear end maintenance or assembly issues. Here's a famous Harley "death wobble" video. HD claims to have fixed the problem, but has warned that any bike can wobble under the right conditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmw6QppXnEY

Not just an HD issue, early Goldwing models had a headshake wobble when decelerating , it was the first three model years. I never followed the fix but felt it many times coming down from 80kms to 60 when it would just go away.

In the end it's not really a brand thing - any bike with a physical mechanical problem somewhere (as this bike seemed to have, clearly) can end up in a speed wobble.

Unfortunately the dunce behind the handlebars in this situation apparently decided that it wasn't worth being concerned about, based on the backstory.

Back
Top Bottom