Death wobble caught on video | GTAMotorcycle.com

Death wobble caught on video

So if he had both hands on the bars, would this have been avoided?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

OOoooh damn the way he was sliding with the bike pushing him into the road like that, and the way he was dressed... Oh yeah definitely some skin grafts there.

I saw this earlier on FB. I was left kind of speechless, especially if the bit about him having ridden the bike for quite some time/distance with it in the incipient stages of the wobble were indeed true as seems evident by the fact he was being taped before it happened.

Honestly, if my handlebars started doing that as I was coming around an onramp, you want to believe I'd be stopping ASAP and trying to figure out exactly what's going on, not just continuing along as if nothing was wrong..and riding with only one hand on the handlebars at that.

Badly under inflated tires, bad head bearings, or some sort of customization that changed the geometry somewhere come to mind as possible faults.

Didn't watch all of the video that @Roadghost posted, but if extra weight = stability, then I'm set!

By the looks of that impromptu highway belt sanding, loud pipes...don't save skin.

I saw this earlier on FB. I was left kind of speechless, especially if the bit about him having ridden the bike for quite some time/distance with it in the incipient stages of the wobble were indeed true as seems evident by the fact he was being taped before it happened.

Honestly, if my handlebars started doing that as I was coming around an onramp, you want to believe I'd be stopping ASAP and trying to figure out exactly what's going on, not just continuing along as if nothing was wrong..and riding with only one hand on the handlebars at that.

actually, you can end up running a bike for sometime, then the first time u take your hands off the bars, even at say a slow city street speed, the front end can suddenly go bananas

the argument is ~ never, or at least always have one hand on the bars vs folks who call bs on that arguing there should never be issues if all good upfront

way more to it than that
I have been guilty of taking a hand off once or twice.

had a look a look at the vid, the front end started to wobble with the left hand off then going 2 hands didn't help

how to you recover from this wobble?

Roll throttle on or off?

[video=youtube;fvsDIq3WwVA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvsDIq3WwVA[/video]

I see...ty

Would be interested to know the weight distribution f/r on a bike like that. Reminds me of the trailer tongue weight and stability demo someone posted a while back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jk9H5AB4lM

It's like there's not enough weight on the front of these bikes. Do they come with steering dampers from the factory?

Would be interested to know the weight distribution f/r on a bike like that. Reminds me of the trailer tongue weight and stability demo someone posted a while back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jk9H5AB4lM

It's like there's not enough weight on the front of these bikes. Do they come with steering dampers from the factory?

I highly doubt it. My Buell was without damper and was fond of letting you know when she was unhappy with what you were asking her to do. Loose grip and calm, smooth inputs take care of a headshake 99.9% of the time in my humble experience.

Edit: that said, there was obviously something wrong with the bike in the vid. Bikes just don't do that when everything is as it should be, even Harley's

may be something borderline to start with then spit a balance weight? loose - tight spokes & one or more broke? axle failure? internal tire structure issue? blowout..

Back
Top Bottom