TO bicycle stunt rider being looked for by TPS | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TO bicycle stunt rider being looked for by TPS

Those rural "bike lanes" are fine for mountain or city bikes. With the dirt, stones, and glass that accumulates in them, unless they're cleaned on a regular basis they're unrideable on a road bike with 23mm wide slicks inflated at 120 psi.

Yeah, that drives me nuts, especially in my work truck which is neither nimble enough nor narrow enough to safely pass a bicyclist without a healthy portion of the oncoming traffic lane...which means it can sometimes take an extended period of time for me to find an opportunity (and gain the required speed/momentum) to safety achieve the pass...only to have the dolt fumble up the side of my trailer and tractor at the next stop light so I have to do it all over again.

Hate to have to say it, but it's infuriated me enough times that I've actually taken to rubbing my tires up against the curb when I expect it to happen so that they CAN'T do it. I cannot deal with trying to get around you again after every freakin' red light without fear of you ending up impacted inside one of my sets of duals.

And of course, since the rules don't apply to bicyclists, when trying these blocking maneuvers (for their own damned safety) I've had them come up my drivers side instead to pass me, as well as just hop up onto the sidewalk and do it that way instead. Because just stopping in the line of traffic where they happen to be at that moment the light turns red is apparently impossible?

Cyclists do themselves their own biggest disservice doing crap like this.

If a bike is beating you light to light you might want to learn to optimize your acceleration. What's the point of passing the bike just to wait at another red?

If a bike is beating you light to light you might want to learn to optimize your acceleration. What's the point of passing the bike just to wait at another red?

You try driving 80,000# of truck through the city. Our reality is different because of things like horsepower, weight, and momentum, and just deciding to poke along behind a bicyclist isn't really an option so yeah, kinda gotta pass them.

And traffic lights tend to be unpredictable like that.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting as an alternative, unless you're one of those people who thinks that we can accelerate like a passenger car.

In downtown traffic, even a passenger car might be in the same situation. Bicycles get thru pretty quick...and then get stuck at red lights.

In downtown traffic, even a passenger car might be in the same situation. Bicycles get thru pretty quick...and then get stuck at red lights.

Many then leave slightly before the light turns green, getting across that part of the intersection where they're easier to pass first.

I agree with the one metre for everyone suggestion. Just imagine what pedestrians would do if told that every vehicle had to give them two metres no matter what? The power seems to have gone to cyclists' heads.

As far as causing accidents. Cyclists tend to wear helmets, pedestrians don't. I've seen two kids on bikes run through and hit people exiting a streetcar, then continue on. Fortunately, both times someone recognized the cyclist and they were retrieved soon after. I also went to school with a kid who died after hitting a mailbox. When I learned to ride, the rule was that slow moving vehicles were to keep as far right as possible, and help facilitate other vehicles passing them. Somewhere along the line, that onus seems to have disappeared, and it's now someone's right to take an entire lane or two and slow traffic to a crawl.

You try driving 80,000# of truck through the city. Our reality is different because of things like horsepower, weight, and momentum, and just deciding to poke along behind a bicyclist isn't really an option so yeah, kinda gotta pass them.

And traffic lights tend to be unpredictable like that.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting as an alternative, unless you're one of those people who thinks that we can accelerate like a passenger car.

We are probably referring to different situations. I squeeze by cars where there are non separated bike lines, like Spadina and Bay. There's plenty of room on Spadina for a bike and car to fit, but many drivers squeeze to the bike lane instead of driving close to the center line. That's where the same drivers usually rush from red light to red light.

I fully agree that cyclists should give the right of way to cars. Also I think there should be heavy enforcement for bike lights. In my dreams I break traffic rules all the time, but I don't expect any car to watch out for me when I am breaking the rules and I don't interfere with traffic. Common sense... just like we break the rules to have fun on motorcycles.

I am cyclist, motorcyclist and driver. Ride a bicycle one morning from the south end of Yonge to York Mills and you'll see that we need a crack down on distracted car drivers way more than we need a crack down on cyclists. Cyclists and motorcyclists should put aside the bad apples and work together to improve safety for both.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

I am cyclist, motorcyclist and driver. Ride a bicycle one morning from the south end of Yonge to York Mills and you'll see that we need a crack down on distracted car drivers way more than we need a crack down on cyclists. Cyclists and motorcyclists should put aside the bad apples and work together to improve safety for both.

Well said! I'm constantly baffled by the blatant hypocrisy demonstrated by motorcyclists for their fellow 2 wheeled riders. It's the same reason I'm so confused by the hostility between the ATV and dirtbike crowd... I ride everything (bikes and ebikes, motorcycles, ATVs and dirtbikes, heck even trikes) and I have no clue why the two sides hate each other so much.

Last edited:
The rider was charged.
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...rick-video-charged-with-careless-driving.html

I was expecting to read that he was caught again, wrong. You'd think police would have better things to do with their time but I guess not.
He posted on his Insta account that the cop in all the news segments is the one that pulled him over in his Benz. He said the officer was good with him and (iirc) stated it would only be fines to be paid.
I started following this guy on Insta. Tbh he seems like a genuinely nice guy. Says he's gonna pay the fines and keep on cycling. Just not on the sidewalks.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

22 unsolved homicides in Toronto so far this year........but they got the guy doing wheelies on his bicycles.

22 unsolved homicides in Toronto so far this year........but they got the guy doing wheelies on his bicycles.

Have you seen any viral videos of someone filming themselves committing a homicide, then engaging with police after admitting they did it and telling the police to leave them alone? Sadly low-hanging fruit is targeted most often.

No laws should be enforced until all homicides are solved! Or something like that.

No laws should be enforced until all homicides are solved! Or something like that.

I'm sure a lot more homicides would be solved if people actually spoke up against the perps. A lot of complaints from the police are that no one wants to tell them anything for whatever reason.

**** like that allows the criminal to get away with it and continue on. But hey....not much we can do to change that.

Yeah, this.

Lets put the entire police force (Even the traffic cops who know nothing about investigating a homicide) on homicide investigation duty. Screw everything else until they're all solved, even the ones where things have reached a dead end - just have everyone sit at a table and stare at the wall until something happens.

Meanwhile, just forget about the rest of the laws. I'm sure people will behave themselves.

Back
Top Bottom