Aftermarket/custom seat manufacturers..? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aftermarket/custom seat manufacturers..?

Hack

'Any recommendations re. a Canadian seat maker?
'Could do a Laam, but would want to wait until winter as I'd have to send my seat to California...
'Just did a two day 1800km ride and figure a custom seat would be a little more betterer than the stock seat on my FJR...

Last edited:
Both Beadrider and Airhawk are cheaper to try. Beadrider in particular. I use it even with my custom seat.
Even a custom seat may not work then you are out $$ tho there is a brisk trade in used seats for some models.

Beadrider does not feel like it should work but it does....check the testimonials.
http://www.beadrider.com

Last edited:
Looks like Ultimate just does cruiser type butt baskets.

Last edited:
Looks like Ultimate just does cruiser type butt baskets.
I would contact them anyway. Rumour from my 75 year old neighbour and fellow rider down the street is: it was a friend of his. Made a seat for his bike. Others tried it and he made seats for them. Turned into a business. All this during his retirement.
Not sure if it would be worth it for you, moneywise. But my haggling nature would be to present it to them as an opportunity to access a different market and you will test it. ?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Granted I'm on a cruiser but my beadrider is excellent. St Kitts to Ottawa and return. Buttocks in fine shape. The rest of me less so. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Granted I'm on a cruiser but my beadrider is excellent. St Kitts to Ottawa and return. Buttocks in fine shape. The rest of me less so. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've seen his buttocks. They are indeed in fine shape.

'How quickly this thread has digressed. .. Lol
Lol was just giving a nod to the Beadrider ?

Look at Russel Day Long seats, located in California. Most riders who have them love them. I've been using mine for about 6 - 7 years and it's great, no issues at all.

If you don't want to wait to winter find a second hand FJR seat pan and send it to Russel to be built. Find a seat seller in the US and have them ship it directly to Russel for you.

Look at Russel Day Long seats, located in California. Most riders who have them love them. I've been using mine for about 6 - 7 years and it's great, no issues at all.

If you don't want to wait to winter find a second hand FJR seat pan and send it to Russel to be built. Find a seat seller in the US and have them ship it directly to Russel for you.
Russells do not look right on many/most bikes imo. Although with the size and style of them they have to be comfy, I've had smaller recliners in my living room.
I've had two Corbin and they are awesome, absolutely love them but they are pricey and heavy.
Did I mention they are heavy?
Edit: @Hack, a Russell won't likely look out of place on an fjr, it has the size to even out the look.
Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I'll x2 for Ultimate Seats - my VTX is said equipped and it's super comfortable - many 500+KM days on that seat and still comfy at the end of the day.

I'll also x2 trying an Airhawk - I picked one up at a swap meet a few years ago (For $20, a steal, brand new!) and it's now on my wife's scoot - she loves it as well on top of the stock seat. The key with those is to add barely any air - they do not need to be blown up like a balloon, but to the contrary, left what many would think is actually 3/4 "deflated" - when you sit on it the air distribution magic happens and the comfort is far better than if it was highly inflated.

Well after a little poking around on the intertoobs I think I might just order a Sargent.
'Seems the simplest option as I won't need to send my seat pan... I found out exactly "why" mist OEM seats aren't really all that good... The basic construction of all the aftermarket seats I've looked at solve the short comings of OEM.

Russells do not look right on many/most bikes imo. Although with the size and style of them they have to be comfy, I've had smaller recliners in my living room.

When I first got it I wasn't 100% thrilled about how it looked on my ST. But, after my first 1,000 km day, I came to appreciate that function is better than style.

Back
Top Bottom