VW Atlas? | GTAMotorcycle.com

VW Atlas?

I've only sat in it so far. It's huge but very well put together IMO. I ultimately decided it was too big for what I wanted and have gone back to compact SUVs. Lovely vehicle though in terms of trim etc.

looks like a decent effort from VW in a pool of many decent SUVs in this segment.

I read somewhere that it shares its basic suspension layout and other point items with the VW Golf hatchback. Eeeeeeesh.

after the debacle of diesel gate, I won't recommend a VW to anyone.

looks like a decent effort from VW in a pool of many decent SUVs in this segment.

I read somewhere that it shares its basic suspension layout and other point items with the VW Golf hatchback. Eeeeeeesh.

What debacle? The cars made MORE power and they cheated the testing machines.
Did they KILL anyone, NO but they had fines WAY MORE than GM that KILLED people? Go figure that one out.

VW is smart, they will offer some solid cars to attract new and previous VW owners.
Toyota cars KILLED people...they seem to be doing just fine.

Interesting how a major hissy fit is thrown because they cheated emissions testing BUT the car companies that made AND KNEW about their cars KILLING people...gets treated with less hostility/intensity.

The planes that the EPA staff flies around on pollutes more than all those VW cars combined in 1 year.

Because of the price of gas in the U.K. there's a lot of people love their diesel VWs there. My sister is one of them and she doesn't want to take it in to get it adjusted. Lots of other owners don't want to either.

It's so ugly and generic looking. You could confuse it for a Ford or Chevy easily.

Should've just made a bigger Touareg.

It's so ugly and generic looking. You could confuse it for a Ford or Chevy easily.

Should've just made a bigger Touareg.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....but yes, it's a big minivan substitute that's not supremely attractive. It's pretty rugged though and not a minivan...which is all that matters.

Not a minivan is ALL that matters? A big thanks from all us minivan drivers, feeling pretty good right about now...

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Love my Pilot, but miss my minivan big time.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

What debacle? The cars made MORE power and they cheated the testing machines.
Did they KILL anyone, NO but they had fines WAY MORE than GM that KILLED people? Go figure that one out.

VW is smart, they will offer some solid cars to attract new and previous VW owners.
Toyota cars KILLED people...they seem to be doing just fine.

Interesting how a major hissy fit is thrown because they cheated emissions testing BUT the car companies that made AND KNEW about their cars KILLING people...gets treated with less hostility/intensity.

The planes that the EPA staff flies around on pollutes more than all those VW cars combined in 1 year.

What debacle? Willfully deceiving the buying public that somehow through miraculous VW engineering chops they were able to produce a 'clean' diesel.

Touting this proudly in their ads.

And the charade would have went on for years if they didn't get caught.

Sorry, off my list of approved manufactures and will never see a dollar from my pocket.

...and they would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids!

Its only cheating if you get caught, and they got caught. Sounds like other manufacturers will fall for it too.

yeah it is an average looking SUV, quality should be good though
at least for the first 150,000....after that you don't wanna be the guy paying the repair bills
typical german product, repair costs will be nasty

back to the diesel cheating scandal, never did hear what the solution turned out to be
not asking about the fines, what did they do to the cars? seemed unlikely a software only
solution would fix that....did they have to install a urea system on millions of cars?

what about new VW diesels? how are they equipped?

There is an approved fix for the 2015 models, and for the 2012 - 2014 Passat with automatic transmission only. Those cars already had SCR ("urea") and only needed software changes. They will consume more urea now. The 2015 models have a two-part recall; the second part involves additional sensors for diagnostic purposes. Also it appears that the catalyst assembly will not last the prescribed 150,000 mile life on the 2015 models; there's a scheduled mid-life replacement. The "fix" comes with a pretty good extended warranty. But after the once-replaced DOC/DPF/SCR assembly reaches the end of its (shortened) life ... if it's past the end of warranty, the car is probably done for. Too expensive to fix.

No one knows what's happening with the "generation 1" models (2009-2014 except Passat) nor with the Passat manual transmission models. Apparently a "fix" is still being tested. But there's ample evidence of bought-back gen 1 cars being crushed - plenty of photos. Evidently the Pic'N'Save junkyard in Hamilton, conveniently located 1 km or so from Triple M Metals (shredding and sorting facility) and Dofasco (err ArcelorMittal) is one place they're going ...

VW has stopped selling diesels in North America aside from finishing up by selling the now-fixed 2015 models. They'll probably never sell diesels in North America again; this scandal has thoroughly trashed the TDI brand name. They are hanging their hat on electric now. Good luck with that.

I had two TDI cars, both from before the emission control systems went crazy. I always thought the "clean diesel" 2009-on models were too complicated for their own good. I've gone back to plain non-turbo port-injected spark ignition engines ... proven tech.

There is an approved fix for the 2015 models, and for the 2012 - 2014 Passat with automatic transmission only. Those cars already had SCR ("urea") and only needed software changes. They will consume more urea now. The 2015 models have a two-part recall; the second part involves additional sensors for diagnostic purposes. Also it appears that the catalyst assembly will not last the prescribed 150,000 mile life on the 2015 models; there's a scheduled mid-life replacement. The "fix" comes with a pretty good extended warranty. But after the once-replaced DOC/DPF/SCR assembly reaches the end of its (shortened) life ... if it's past the end of warranty, the car is probably done for. Too expensive to fix.

No one knows what's happening with the "generation 1" models (2009-2014 except Passat) nor with the Passat manual transmission models. Apparently a "fix" is still being tested. But there's ample evidence of bought-back gen 1 cars being crushed - plenty of photos. Evidently the Pic'N'Save junkyard in Hamilton, conveniently located 1 km or so from Triple M Metals (shredding and sorting facility) and Dofasco (err ArcelorMittal) is one place they're going ...

VW has stopped selling diesels in North America aside from finishing up by selling the now-fixed 2015 models. They'll probably never sell diesels in North America again; this scandal has thoroughly trashed the TDI brand name. They are hanging their hat on electric now. Good luck with that.

I had two TDI cars, both from before the emission control systems went crazy. I always thought the "clean diesel" 2009-on models were too complicated for their own good. I've gone back to plain non-turbo port-injected spark ignition engines ... proven tech.

That's what someone said about Porsche...too damn complicated for no good reason...lol

What debacle? Willfully deceiving the buying public that somehow through miraculous VW engineering chops they were able to produce a 'clean' diesel.

Touting this proudly in their ads.

And the charade would have went on for years if they didn't get caught.

Sorry, off my list of approved manufactures and will never see a dollar from my pocket.

so you admit that VW has miraculous engineering....sweet

How many people DIED in VW gate??? NONE
How many people died from GM ignition gate - SEVERAL

Looking at the size if the Atlas I would guess it would need the 6.
Reminds me of my 85 Blazer with the 2.8. Needed the 4.3

Back
Top Bottom