Any love for electric motorcycles | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any love for electric motorcycles

JUST DONT BE LIKE THIS ******. He is the same guy in the video above.

[video=youtube_share;ay2tPZtoYyU]https://youtu.be/ay2tPZtoYyU[/video]

... They desperately need to be moved into the low-speed motorcycle category, so that a minimum ML license is required, as well as plates and insurance.

I totally agree, I've actually sent a bunch of emails out to various MTO and GTA regulators inquiring about this, but as of now they don't seem to want to acknowledge the problem.

Is this a business or a hobby project?

Just a hobby project for now. I do web work as my main source of income so I really value the time I get away from the computer and to tinker on projects like this.

If you do pull together a team of volunteers I hope one is a lawyer.

LOL, but very true. I have some lawyers in the family, I'll have them draw up the waiver so any test pilots can sign your life away before any test rides ;)

They desperately need to be moved into the low-speed motorcycle category, so that a minimum ML license is required, as well as plates and insurance.

We went through all that in the mid 1970s when mopeds first showed up.
No plate or insurance required, and only some kind of drivers licence (learners) and a helmet.
The shop I worked at sold Honda PC50s, they came 3 to a crate at $375 each.
My boss said build one, take it for a ride (in March), come back and tell me what you think.
When I returned, I told him they were the biggest pieces of sh*t I'd ever had the displeasure of riding and to order more !
I think we sold 375 that first year, to every DUI that walked in the door.
A couple of years later, the Province said you need plates and insurance - it was over.
Where are they all now ? Landfill I guess....

I totally agree, I've actually sent a bunch of emails out to various MTO and GTA regulators inquiring about this, but as of now they don't seem to want to acknowledge the problem.

Nothing is going to change as long as Wynne and the reality impaired populous have the reins. If it's electric it is good. I'm surprised they haven't brought back the electric chair.

Back
Top Bottom