Long Weekend and beyond looking good | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Long Weekend and beyond looking good

It was nice this morning..went out with a gaggle of others for a ride up to Minden. Cool to start, but the sun was out for some of the trip, but it was cloudy up there. Had a great lunch and headed south with a stop at the Kirkfield Lift Locks where things started to turn. Geared up at that point and about 50% of the ride back down was in the rain, ranging from spit to torrential downpour.

Meh, like the old saying goes, if you don't ride in the rain...you don't ride. It seems this summer rain is going to be unavoidable, so it is what it is. Was still a fun ride even though my scoot is a sloppy mess right now.

It looks like another storm is headed our way. We are due, it has been 4 hours since it rained last. :rolleyes:

On a totally off topic note, I installed a new stereo in my fairing last night with Sirius Satellite built in vs the separate (and constantly problematic) Stratus unit I was using. Awesome, uninterrupted music for the whole ride. Even through the rain - nothing like rocking out to AC/DC while riding through torrential rainfall!

Gorgeous out there....very tempted to take the CBF to Letchworth State Park - have a good meal but perhaps too much slab.

Where would you be riding from? I can get you from the Lewiston-Queenston Bride to Letchworth without a touch of slab and plenty of fun! From the Peace Bridge maybe about 10 minutes of 4 lane.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

So can i ...it's getting to Lewiston from Misissauga that is annoying but I need to sort the CBF on slab anyways ...just realized it's July the 4th ...not the best day to hit Letchworth for a leisurely meal.

Lets see some pics from the weekend!!

We hit the road at 5:00am on July 2. Weather was great. Got cloudy for an hour or two but was sunny most of the way.

V3UH6vo.jpg

DJyO45W.jpg

aw4zqnb.jpg

flyDVLi.jpg

We took Northey's Bay Road as recommended by shanekingsley which was awesome. We explored the Petroglyphs park just off of the road. Amazing scenery!!
UWOxlof.jpg

cVb7hzA.jpg

The long-term forecast actually looks pretty darn respectable considering what we've been given until now – finally some strings of decent weather.

There is a lot of moisture in the air so have to expect some isolated Tstorms almost any day but it's isolated. Get out there

I did some riding in northern ontario. 639 and 546 north of elliot lake, very scenic ride. 546 would be one of the best roads in ontario if it wasn't for the fact that it was pretty bumpy, have to take it slow on a sport bike if you value your suspension. Saw a bear. Then 129 north to chapleau. The part of 129 until ranger lake road is amazing, but it becomes straight and boring after that. Chapleau is a nice little town. Then 101 east from chapleau through timmins and into quebec, saw another bear. 101 south into rouyn noranda, then 391 south to 101 then 101 south to temiscaming. Quebec 101 is a great twisty scenic road. It terminates in temiscaming and then you cross into ontario, and 63 into north bay is also really good. Lots more up there to explore but I had to get back to work. :(

Back
Top Bottom