Long Weekend and beyond looking good | GTAMotorcycle.com

Long Weekend and beyond looking good

MacDoc

Site Supporter
BbYdQpmgskknzJnm3zduL5TevEIQnXxxpNBUTS3StvVAP0EG89tYSJcIt4zBv9KxoUQZ50Ki9V54tcc57aafjQlkHtIKz27o015eOYGbFwskKgas3mlug2PBL7hglEu85o65c1gckQUWXs75Fjn1dIhafJ7-xmoOi2MxFDd0VtcbFWwr08ueUx77fN6D_Z797_0ee9YIkyqVYl9RCdc6X_G9Hs4B_8L_pK3X4oPEdabNde53Jv17NDSiCJck1T_Tc9XWvJqZiB_mBYeJOMhOH92XilWcqmMOrt2P2n23kW4SrOF1-IFsmG0vq19owVaj18EKbM_MfcYKhXeb0CKWOGVulN80rG9mLzTczRd07z2rt05pBYGcKjCw4so7i37Ju1JQFAA1zUtNBFnQtiNiMCPvhCAr-YtPK3CjqnOlD4Ykr10WbEcfAwxn1oRYGlqy767IzHIS4sFe9hOATKzZkkRGLyKiuRwm6yuDWeM5lbAQw9t-H-zxRmREyS6H2G6mC0bzMgBWQkUac6s284DTU1iXlCfJtlRlJDQuVLHJszOXZl89CUv0qK2nTL6ytqQ4lJuzX6WEMWMjn7XMenpiB_i7WIGEG9ZqCZWJ2JtlJW_st5DNmPLBSg=w1249-h486-no

Who is going where ?? Think I will leave a redo of the BRP til the fall but looking for ideas for 3-4 days.

Post your ride plans too.

Hoping for some track days!
This weather is crazy though. Seems to change by the hour.

Not really going anywhere this weekend but next weekend I head west to colorado, Utah and Arizona on a 2 week trip. Hopefully the weather holds out nice for the 3 long days pushing through the boring flat lands.

My tire is worn down to the wear bars so whether I do any riding this long weekend will depend on whether the tire I ordered arrives tomorrow and whether I can find a shop to mount it. All the shops are closed Saturday for Canada day. :(

Beyond always looks good to the weatherman.

If they don't really know they fudge towards the good side.
Why get people worked up about beyond?

I'll be leaving Buffalo at about 6:45AM on Saturday the 1st and riding up to Parry Sound, stopping locally for breakfast first, of course.
Going to ride slab for an hour and a half...QEW to 407 to 410. Then run 7/42/26 up to the tip of the Bay, then northeast towards the Muskokas. Play around there and take the long way into parry sound. Have about a 300 mile (485 km) route planned for the day.

Day 2 is another 300 mile ride, but just a large loop around the area. Parry Sound to Key River to Trout Creek to Magnetawan to Burks Falls to Sprucedale to Huntsville to Dorset and then back to Parry Sound via Rosseau.

Day 3 is heading home. No plans, just go south.

Looking like I'll start the trip with some rain for the first couple of hours, but looking dry beyond that!

If they don't really know they fudge towards the good side.
Why get people worked up about beyond?

It's not rocket science and just because you can't read radar and weather maps doesn't mean others cannot.
Just put it on ignore if that makes you feel better :rolleyes:

yknow there are apps that can show local and regional real time while riding,

what i use

http://myradar.acmeaom.com

slide-1.png

I can see what the radar is alsp seeing ahead of me and if it's nasty and across my path I just pull over as I did in Michigan to avoid the front edge gusts.

then the NWS site shows composite real time and you know what is coming.

NatLoop.gif

those heading south tomorrow should be fine.

The map is made of segments that you can burrow in and see more detailed local radars.

Riding in constant sunny weather is boring.

Last edited:
Plotted a 450km route to go see what Lower Faraday road and Hwy 504 is about. July 2nd looks good.

It's not rocket science. It's stats and observations.

All I'm saying is that Monday can be very different from what they predict today, nevermind beyond.

All I'm saying is that Monday can be very different from what they predict today, nevermind beyond.

Unless we are sitting right on a slow or stalled front ..no it cannot. There are plain atmospheric physics in this.
The only really unpredictable is Tstorms as the variables are very high. If there is a dry high moving in the next day is very predictable and depending on the speed it is moving
These things go in predictable cycles - the best flying days are after a Thunderstorm day which creates unstable conditions.
As the cycle continues an inversion sets in and each day is worse for flying, gets muggy and thick then Tstorms bust it up.

Pilots are "guessing" at weather ....the only real issue that is not predictable is clear air turbulence and they are working on that.

It's easy to watch the real time radar and know when it's going to rain within 20 minutes.

The only thing that's really accurate most of the time is the animated weather radar for an afternoon, I use that for predictions for the next few hours. Outside of that it's a crapshoot and the further ahead the forecast is the bigger the crapshoot.

I can see what the radar is alsp seeing ahead of me and if it's nasty and across my path I just pull over as I did in Michigan to avoid the front edge gusts.

I do the same thing, look at the radar...not the forecast. Did exactly that just last Sunday coming home from an overnight trip - saw the storms on the radar long before we rode headlong into them and simply timed stops to wait several of them out. Why get slopped up when a 15 minute timmies stop for a bathroom break, a hot coffee and a stretch has it gone over and past you instead?

But radar seems lost on many. Peterborough Bike Night is a great example of someone who's basing decisions on the weather "outside my window" right now instead of actually looking at a bigger picture on the radar. Last week at 3PM they posted on FB that it was cancelled because it was "raining again". I was in Newcastle at the moment, and it was sunny. I looked at the radar - there was literally a single isolated TINY shower cell passing over Peterborough that was gone 5 minutes later, and all the rest of the evening it was perfectly rideable weather, nice even...but they cancelled the whole thing because of lack of insight.

Again tonight they cancelled it despite it being sunny and warm..because the forecast showed a "possibility" of showers.

I know some riders are made of sugar and will melt if there's as much as a sprinkle, but come on...if they wait for sunny blue skies the way this summer is going there isn't going to be many bike nights.

Good post and this summer in particular with El Nino IS wet - will be wet but just steer around the intenser stuff or wait it out and the rain keeps the greenery fresh.

C9KqOwkzIDLITRNoNdRNjAs-M1gEoSKzp0-QkIi36Tc-IUQHup4ucOBJriDuaQOvY-vivLriMxlckWNud-ih7SNro-03JjcrQxMKBQXCLDeEwH-EaPzfEf5Nr-s5tE5Vk2wub4cEOTG7bmbVLOo67if_lFLgh6PyP9LXhUnBl79nqqtXHT-KxFVwiC9mYU_BEdS4V2qc3RFfeGCXzdVeWooT1rnZ5aFl2Ce5yN9hEuTFIjZMouB0Ip6qnRkWw7gZgjKIN4Z9LVwoT_eQAaa8MC7f67s7MjUzEc0jKqdc-fUWSFxLw3NGLKOYYi2VVtcVTLzYZ6ClHAYzEY6goXOkhea2Q4mYEOC2AIuzbe2NQdY2DBr3vpk2cauUPUAT6kJtssq_9hE3anEoNcQmxXrSRa3O_5LY3Asgs-zC6G8NJ9B_-YLdD079EYi0nTV_JZuGXyovMIbcpw2Ko8Hp6Goh8ariarCxC-MxM1pXskW8Rmx9nb1LhsCo5d9V2M4WB0S0K9o5ZXVBxbdPMFB6Q0Fi3bux7BaGv-HCCi9rQbNxik8CQf8Cr7HZ5hCaEGwtG7eOGHVJgOhLIHH9NvHjKW4PMs5hYmev0WhCRDrgrRbq1ykfVdVBEkGe2g=w2472-h1392-no

144 last weekend after a deluge the day before,

Ok I downloaded My Radar on my phone. Looks like it shows the radar map for the current time plus a few minutes into the future. But is there a way to get it to show further into the future, like several hours ahead or even a few days?

Decided that I'm leaving Buffalo tomorrow morning around 6:00AM rain or shine. Not going to be stopped this weekend...will spend Saturday trying my best to dodge storms. At least Sunday looks gorgeous up in Parry Sound.

Back
Top Bottom