Talk to Zoodles about Trucks... Mid size and 1/2 Ton... | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Talk to Zoodles about Trucks... Mid size and 1/2 Ton...

Yes that's likely the issue - sometimes an easy way to test that wire is to activate the controller manually and see if the brake lights on the tow vehicle light up. If they do, then the brake signal wire is hooked up properly - if not, it's not.

I can do some diagnostics right through the P3 and it's showing 0 volts on the brake light signal when my foot is on the brake.

I'll double check the wiring. The old controller did work on the same circuit so hopefully it's just a bad crimp or something.

i had a similar issue with my brakes on my p3 at first.

needed to add a relay to power the brakes on the Touareg so that the controller would recognize a 12v signal. The volkswagen pedal would only produce 9v when the brake light was activated.

$12 and one hour fix.

I can do some diagnostics right through the P3 and it's showing 0 volts on the brake light signal when my foot is on the brake..

Interesting, that must be something they added to the P3 software after I got mine as I'm pretty sure the ability to see the signal voltage isn't part of mine. It will show output voltage to the trailer brakes of course, but not incoming signal voltage. That's a handy diagnostic tool, for sure.

Interesting, that must be something they added to the P3 software after I got mine as I'm pretty sure the ability to see the signal voltage isn't part of mine. It will show output voltage to the trailer brakes of course, but not incoming signal voltage. That's a handy diagnostic tool, for sure.

Menu > Help > Troubleshoot

Then you can scroll through different signals. Battery voltage, brake output voltage and amperage, and brake light signal voltage.

Do you have that feature??

Menu > Help > Troubleshoot

Then you can scroll through different signals. Battery voltage, brake output voltage and amperage, and brake light signal voltage.

Do you have that feature??

Couldn't tell you now honestly, sold my 1-Ton. Kept the controller but don't have a vehicle to use it in anymore...but just thinking down the road - it was too nice of a controller to sell when I might need another in a year or two, who knows.

Hi All,

First off... Many thank to Steve who graciously met up with my wife and I to show me the trailer his folk's are selling and to show me his sweet bikes and talking towing and trucks with me.

I looked and looked and looked some more. Got my financing lined up and then a whack of them I was interested in disappeared!

At any rate I snagged this one:

It is a 2013 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman with the Hemi and 4X4. I took it to the shop my brother-in-law works at and had them go through it and then I went back to the dealer to discuss it and make arrangements to get the little quirks addressed.

What is kind of cool is that:

-I am able to get Navigation activated/added which I am doing.

-Remote start getting added.

-Factory trailer brake controller is being added. My brother-in-law's boss has a 2016 Ram Sport which did not have the trailer brake controller and they added it with a kit from the factory. With that knowledge I went back to get that worked into the deal.

This truck is overkill for what I need. The Outdoorsman package puts a 3.92 ratio with the 4X4 , plus skid plates etc, Class IV hitch etc.

That'll work. :) . Congrats.

Nice truck that should have no trouble towing anything you are looking at.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Should be a perfect truck with the 3.92's! Congrats!

I added a break controller to my 14 Ram, bought the part online but you have to get the dealer to flash the ECU/EVIC. For the extra $100 I had them install it to. I think that cost me like $450, but its even better than you got it thrown in with your purchase.

Also really love the console shifter. I had all the parts to swap my truck over from column than never went through with it.

Back
Top Bottom