Bikes needing premium gas getting short end | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bikes needing premium gas getting short end

Last edited:
I'm sure many of you are aware of this, but Shell pumps show which grade of gas was used by the previous customer - you'll see a wide and thin arrow on top of the price of whichever grade was pumped last.
Was not aware of this.
Thanks

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Paul needs to reactivate the rep function - this comment earned one.
What's the rep function?

I'm sure lots of people would volunteer if you want to pump the first litre into their bike's tank.

[video=youtube;LltM2fgWaXw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LltM2fgWaXw[/video]

What's the rep function?

We had the rep function a long time ago, GTAM couldn't handle it

We had the rep function a long time ago, GTAM couldn't handle it

Problem with the reputation feature is that people with axes to grind with others vote down their content (and therefore reputation) regardless of merit.

A "Like" option for individual posts typically works a lot better as it only works one way.

Crap...now you've got me thinking about it too lol

How about octane booster on track day? never tried but heard some others talk about it getting rid of knock on would-be irreparable motors or fill up 94 from an old Sunoco station (just follow a STI guy to find one)

Anyone else find it annoying when filling or topping up your bikes tank with premium gas that you are getting shorted maybe a liter? If the guy before you filled with 87 then your first liter or so is 87 and you put 5L in your tank you only get 80% of what you paid for. Here is my issue. During reg daily driving you will notice nothing, but on track day you will find that is whenyour engine just does not seem right and knocks from fuel pre-igniting. My solution has been to put the a few liters into my truck first, then fill the can. Do any stations have the separate nozzle and hose for 91 anymore?

How about octane booster on track day? never tried but heard some others talk about it getting rid of knock on would-be irreparable motors or fill up 94 from an old Sunoco station (just follow a STI guy to find one)

Be careful which one you buy as a lot of them are little more than snake oil, of you'd need a huge amount to have a significant enough effect even on a small motorcycle tank.

http://www.fuelexpert.co.za/Octane-Booster-Shootout.php

It's not an issue. Fill up your bike and your jerry can with premium (most guys use shell 91) and enjoy your day. I've ran two seasons on a built motor using pump fuel with no issues (it's still running too). Don't worry about octane boost either.

Unless you pump 2L of fuel at a time this whole mixed fuel thing is the same as worrying about the zombie apocalypse.

Last edited:
Why are people "topping up" and only putting 5L in? Your tank is still more than 2/3 full if you're only putting 5L in.

Back
Top Bottom