Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Alien - Normal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alien - Reverse

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: GBM - Tuesday July 11

I'd like to thank the guy who decided to divebomb passing me at the turn in point (kink-1st turn on reverse layout) on the SECOND LAST LAP OF THE DAY.

Luckily I didn't get seriously hurt going down. Cost me $600+ in damaged equipment and bike repairs.

The mystery rider didn't come to apologies or even see if I was okay during the hour it took me to pack up.

Same guy yelled a half-assed apology as I drove past him, finally revealing who pulled such a dumb move.

Must have felt really guilty to not have came over and see if I was even hurt or needed a hand.

Hope you hang the lapping day championship trophy where everyone can see how much of an *** you are.

oh man, double shot of JB right here please.

I'd like to thank the guy who decided to divebomb passing me at the turn in point (kink-1st turn on reverse layout) on the SECOND LAST LAP OF THE DAY.

Luckily I didn't get seriously hurt going down. Cost me $600+ in damaged equipment and bike repairs.

The mystery rider didn't come to apologies or even see if I was okay during the hour it took me to pack up.

Same guy yelled a half-assed apology as I drove past him, finally revealing who pulled such a dumb move.

Must have felt really guilty to not have came over and see if I was even hurt or needed a hand.

Hope you hang the lapping day championship trophy where everyone can see how much of an *** you are.

:( Really sorry to hear that, what bike were you on? I remember seeing one in the grass in that area but I think that was closer to lunch (An older bike I think...)

Did you happen to see what bike they were on? I'd hate for something like that to happen so it'd be nice to know who to watch out for.

Whats technical about it? It's all stop and go. Not a big fan.

Oh My Good corner not technical on this configuration?

Then the left hander right after the short straight after OMG?

Everything else is the same as most other configurations except for the back straight being shorter and less speed into the carousel.

CTMP is all go and no stop, but not technical at all, so a stop and go track can be technical in my opinion, specially when the stop has 2 180 tight turns after each other and includes big daddy

Last edited:

.....so it'd be nice to know who to watch out for.

Like a rider who passes in the carousel while in green group, jumps to a faster group without telling the marshals, rides 3 full laps while getting black flagged, and then on the next day goes out on track without his suit zipped together like the rules says it should be simply 'cause it's nice to be able to take their jacket off in-between sessions... let me guess - red group?

Sigh....

:( Really sorry to hear that, what bike were you on? I remember seeing one in the grass in that area but I think that was closer to lunch (An older bike I think...)

Did you happen to see what bike they were on? I'd hate for something like that to happen so it'd be nice to know who to watch out for.

It's all good. I've crashed lots before but all of them were my own mistakes. This was the first time I've crashed reacting to someone elses poor judgement.

I was on a Ninja 250 in the middle group, keeping pace with and sometimes gaining on everyone through the esses (except one guy on a red CBR who was awesome through that section). The guy who dive bombed me must have known I was on a slower bike from the speed down that little straight part across the finsh line. The smart and safe move would have been to A)pass on the outside of that turn if you must B)follow through that corner and pass an underpowered bike on the next straight jaunt before the carousel C) if you have the pace, pass on the carousel which is far more safe to pass on the inside on turn entry D) pass on turn exit with the extra power through the carousel.
Any of those would have been safer.

A few sessions before, I stocked his friend on a CBR250 around the track for like 6-7 laps to see his tendencies before making a safe pass. It's a lapping day, not a race where people expect aggressive passes!

I'm pretty sure the guys name was Auto but not sure what kind of bike he was on.

Ah, that was you with the Ninja! I followed you around for quite a few laps to try to see some lines. I tried following the red CBR but the guy was too quick for me to keep up :D
What do you have done to the 250? I was thinking of maybe picking up one for cheap as a track bike. I agree with you on the passing, as you say, it's a lapping day not a race.

I think I'll be out again on Aug 29. Do you have any other days planned?

Ah, that was you with the Ninja! I followed you around for quite a few laps to try to see some lines. I tried following the red CBR but the guy was too quick for me to keep up :D
What do you have done to the 250? I was thinking of maybe picking up one for cheap as a track bike. I agree with you on the passing, as you say, it's a lapping day not a race.

I think I'll be out again on Aug 29. Do you have any other days planned?

Haven't done anything major to it, really. Changed handlebars (stock too expensive when they break), brake lines, RaceTech springs in the front for my weight. A GSXR600 rear shock. Foot control risers. Stock exhaust so I can sneak up on people.

They're loads of fun and a good amount of them race at Shannonville.

Next day at Grand Bend is this friday and then Saturday for an endurance race. That'll be it for me at GB this year.

Back
Top Bottom