Re: GBM - Tuesday July 11

Ok, thanks for the clarification

I was really hoping for technical (or really any forward layout) :(
Might skip this one

Ok, thanks for the clarification

I was really hoping for technical (or really any forward layout) :(
Might skip this one

Sebi, go for Reverse Alien. It is good for you to try the reverse layout because it introduces variety for you to learn more.

I used to love the reverse on track days!

Coming out of the carousel onto the straight is so fun!

Have you ever run reverse?

Nope, I really liked diving into the carousel but like Dave said, I guess it will be good to have some variety. With reverse Alien, are there good right turns as well or it's pretty much just left handers?

The forward direction turn 2 that you're used to will be a good long right. There's also a good long-ish right left S, and of course Randy's bean field corner (the kink/dog leg) is a right.

What are you looking for? Street riding in the city is mostly long rights...

.... and of course Randy's bean field corner (the kink/dog leg) is a right.

And dave's on fire tonight! Super fantastic.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

The forward direction turn 2 that you're used to will be a good long right. There's also a good long-ish right left S, and of course Randy's bean field corner (the kink/dog leg) is a right.

We'll, it depends on which direction whether it's a left or a right. Not to worry however, I can confirm crashes are equally as magnificent in both directions

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

And dave's on fire tonight! Super fantastic.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

We'll, it depends on which direction whether it's a left or a right. Not to worry however, I can confirm crashes are equally as magnificent in both directions

True and true ;)

Also, you guys need to stop advertising for Tapatalk. They're not paying you to do it. :p

July 11th at GBM was great, really big turnout had us separated in 3 groups. A friend of mine had his first track day and had an absolute blast. His progression was great to see throughout the day. I also felt more comfortable and it was good to have a different new layout to get some diversity. Unfortunately I had my front brakes fail while braking mid-corner which forced me off track. I collected some grass on the fairings but kept the bike upright; super scary. A gentleman that was set up next to us luckily helped me out with the bike and we bled out the whole front system. After that, the brakes seemed to be back to where they should... My only guess would be is if I didn't have brake fluid in the reservoir and from the bike leaning it somehow managed to suck some air in.

I threw together a quick video taking snippets from different laps. I don't think I'm gonna use that style again. I think it's to busy to have multiple cuts in the same lap so next time I'll probably do just 1 angle/lap. If anyone has any pics/videos post them up!
[video=youtube_share;B-3IxZd0x68]https://youtu.be/B-3IxZd0x68[/video]

If you want excitement if you get a reverse layout, instead of taking the boring paved carousel, just don't make a right at the end of the starting line and go across the field into the back straight. :) It's fun and wakes you up.
I'm really hoping its not reverse anything. I love diving into the carousel! :D

Hope to see you there Dave!

Long is my favorite configuration, very technical
Who voted long? You're getting a punch in the d*ck.

On a serious note, on the reverse layout, from the backstraight into the left turn, they paved the right side on the track so you can take it really wide into the turn allowing for greater speed and lean angle, I was following the fastest guys at GB and saw them all do that, it quickly became one of my favorite turns when taken that way.
Nope, I really liked diving into the carousel but like Dave said, I guess it will be good to have some variety. With reverse Alien, are there good right turns as well or it's pretty much just left handers?

Might want to zip your two piece suit together next time ;)

Yea, might not have been a bad idea. At the same time, it was really nice to just take off the jacket in the pits.

On a serious note, on the reverse layout, from the backstraight into the left turn, they paved the right side on the track so you can take it really wide into the turn allowing for greater speed and lean angle, I was following the fastest guys at GB and saw them all do that, it quickly became one of my favorite turns when taken that way.

Agreed! Unfortunately I realized that very late in the day but it was a much better line.

I'll probably have my last day on the 29th of August though I might also do one of those half days for $65. Has anyone done those? How are they?

Last edited:

I'll probably have my last day on the 29th of August though I might also do one of those half days for $65. Has anyone done those? How are they?

I'm hoping to make it for August 29th. As for evenings, they're good, but in my opinion they're only really worth it in late June/early July since there's more evening daylight. Earlier or later the days are shorter and the sun is too low and gets in your eyes.

I'm hoping to make it for August 29th. As for evenings, they're good, but in my opinion they're only really worth it in late June/early July since there's more evening daylight. Earlier or later the days are shorter and the sun is too low and gets in your eyes.
And the tires drop off...

I'd like to thank the guy who decided to divebomb passing me at the turn in point (kink-1st turn on reverse layout) on the SECOND LAST LAP OF THE DAY.

Luckily I didn't get seriously hurt going down. Cost me $600+ in damaged equipment and bike repairs.

The mystery rider didn't come to apologies or even see if I was okay during the hour it took me to pack up.

Same guy yelled a half-assed apology as I drove past him, finally revealing who pulled such a dumb move.

Must have felt really guilty to not have came over and see if I was even hurt or needed a hand.

Hope you hang the lapping day championship trophy where everyone can see how much of an *** you are.

Back
Top Bottom