Bored of new bike every year? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bored of new bike every year?

If I was living and riding in the city and not touring, I'd bolt a top box onto a Suzuki TU250x and never look back! Lots of power for urban riding, comfortable neutral riding position for when you are in traffic but not a feet forward cruiser, small and nimble so you can squeeze through small places, cheap insurance, bullet proof motor, if you have a top box you can grab a bag of milk or a loaf of bread on your way home and have somewhere to lock up your helmet when you stop so you don't have to carry it around with you. Perfect city bike.

Yes the fz09 interests me...just alot of reviews say the 2017 version is 10x better. Makes me not want to get the previous ones..lol

Buy the older one, doesn't have the hideous headlamp. Throw a flash, rear shock and a seat on it and you are set.

Retro naked would be something to look at. Yamaha/Ducati/ or even Triumph.

Bikes that are fun standing still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got an FZ09, and I came from a CBR600RR. The FZ is actually a step up from the CBR. Much quicker and more fun! The FZ after a year still never fails to bring a childish grin to my face when I snap the throttle!

I'd love to get an FZ10 because of its upgrades vs the 09, but the fuel range is stopping me.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I've got an FZ09, and I came from a CBR600RR. The FZ is actually a step up from the CBR. Much quicker and more fun! The FZ after a year still never fails to bring a childish grin to my face when I snap the throttle!

I'd love to get an FZ10 because of its upgrades vs the 09, but the fuel range is stopping me.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Yes maybe thinking of doing the same! Although the CBR was more sexier :( .

In the summer of 2014 I got my licence and bought a CBR500R; took delivery the Friday before the Labour Day weekend.

Two months later I got bored of the 500 and bought a used Fazer 800. Not nearly so quick to bore of this one -- I've had it for 2-1/2 years -- I've still got it and ride it but...

...I sold another toy (a car) with the intent of purchasing another new bike, this time a Tuono Factory. I don't see myself ever getting "bored" of this machine.

I do, however, see myself getting bored with and weary of public roads -- especially the straight-arrow roads around here -- and what we're allowed to do on them, of other drivers and traffic in general, construction etc. Sitting on this near-race bike in stop-n-go traffic seems like a crime against something or another. TBH, it wouldn't make much difference if I was on the 500 or an R3; clogged traffic, straight roads, humourless police and lop-sided enforcement is going to dampen your spirit no matter what. I hate deciding to leave the bike at home on a nice, sunny day because I simply do not want to wait in so much traffic and construction on the way home.

OP, are you sure you're getting bored of the bike(s) or is it a general, more overarching malaise that's got you?

Have you ever hop a leg over an FZ09? no? then shusss ;)

Haha. I have the Fz8 Fazer like Blackfin, so basically, ya.. I know pretty well what it's like. I don't think anyone doubts any bike when new to the rider is fun; nor does a bike like the Fz09 get boring (in a word)... but for sitting in traffic - like Blackfin describes, the bike is just as blah as any other bike.. except if you had a smaller one that was more nimble, easier to handle (flat foot) and you can get through traffic just that much simpler on it than a larger, heavier displacement bike.

If Yamaha brought the SR400 here I'd have a hard time keeping one out of my garage!

If I could run one policy on the most costly bike and be able to run a bunch, I would. The bikes are cheap(ish) compared to having policies for each.
This is how it used to be in Ontario.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I bought a 2013 Husqrvana TE 511. My sportbikes now sit in the garage collecting dust and using up an enormous amounts of insurance dollars that I can't justify...until I get that one craving.

Last edited:
Bored? no. Wanting something new every season, sure. I came close to picking up the ZX10rr winter test edition...specs are amazing. If you want to enjoy the bike take it to the track...of course, once you do that, just riding around in GTA would be as boring as waiting for the bus.

I bought a 2013 Husqrvana TE 511. My sportbikes now sit in the garage collecting dust and using up an enormous amounts of insurance dollars that I can't justify...until I get that one craving.

Didn't you use to rave about sport bikes all the time before?

Bored? no. Wanting something new every season, sure. I came close to picking up the ZX10rr winter test edition...specs are amazing. If you want to enjoy the bike take it to the track...of course, once you do that, just riding around in GTA would be as boring as waiting for the bus.

Yes this is exactly it. Street riding can sometimes get boring

Didn't you use to rave about sport bikes all the time before?
Yes, I do love sport bikes, but going slow on a liter bike is painfully boring. And unfortunately, for us supersport guys, the law has caught up to us. It was the wild west for a while, and great fun. However, YouTube has not painted a good picture for superbikes on the street... it's nice not being looked at by the law all the time and that's where dual sport comes in. IMO, dual sport gives you the most fun for your motorcycling buck. Provided you live in area that's conducive.

I got my M at 16 years old in 1985. Insurance in Ontario then was you pay for one full bike (full coverage / or just Public Liability / Public Damage), and each subsequent bike was an add-on that cost ~ $50. Right now what the insurance industry is doing is illegal as they make you state that you'll be the only rider of a particular motorcycle... hence you only need one full policy as you can't ride two motorcycles at one time. Someone needs to sue them back to the old ways (one base policy). It was the law then and it worked.

You've only had an SV and a 600.

Cure your boredom with an I4 liter bike, then cure THAT boredom with a 1200-1300cc V-twin (duc superbike or a ktm superduke)

and then cure your that boredom with a supermoto

and eventually cure that with a dirtbike

and eventually cure THAT with a Z06 or a Viper

Yes the fz09 interests me...just alot of reviews say the 2017 version is 10x better. Makes me not want to get the previous ones..lol

FJ09 might interest you if you want to tour a bit and sit more upright...
same torquey yet high reving triple with fuel mapping a little more mild mannered,
still with sport mode on and TC off you can hooligan to your hearts content

Back
Top Bottom