Bored of new bike every year? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bored of new bike every year?

stickman88

Does anybody get bored of their bike every year? I've only owned sport bikes for the past 3 years but it seems I want something different or new every year. Maybe it's the type of riding I do which is just basically city commuting. I don't plan to go touring anytime soon. I now maybe want to try to get a naked bike now which might change things up to say like a fz09 but I'll prob get bored of it again the next year. I guess there is no perfect bike..

Just curious.....are you married?? Lol

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Does anybody get bored of their bike every year? I've only owned sport bikes for the past 3 years but it seems I want something different or new every year. Maybe it's the type of riding I do which is just basically city commuting. I don't plan to go touring anytime soon. I now maybe want to try to get a naked bike now which might change things up to say like a fz09 but I'll prob get bored of it again the next year. I guess there is no perfect bike..

Would help if we knew what you are currently riding.
What you rode in the past.

If you answer litre bikes I challenge your idea of bored.

If you can honestly ride a litre sport bike to it's capacity, I bow down to you and say that nothing will ever satisfy you.

No lol, not sure how it relates but I'm sure it's funny
Just thinking "don't". You might get bored of her every year!

Would help if we knew what you are currently riding.
What you rode in the past.

If you answer litre bikes I challenge your idea of bored.

If you can honestly ride a litre sport bike to it's capacity, I bow down to you and say that nothing will ever satisfy you.

Lol no litre bikes yet but maybe that's what I need to get? My past bikes were sv650 and now a 600

Lol no litre bikes yet but maybe that's what I need to get? My past bikes were sv650 and now a 600
Going by what I have seen posted in the past, maybe what you need is a smaller bike. @riceburner and others have said that a 250/ 300 is much more "fun" for commuting. And then keep the 600 for the track, maybe?
I can't really relate, as I am a creature of comfort. I find what I like and stick with it.

If all you do is city commuting then I'd agree with everyone that says more power is NOT the answer. Less power is the way to go! You'll get bored of the FZ09 for the same reasons you're bored of your current and past bikes.

Another suggestion - get out of the sport-bike realm. Try a Versys650 or similar. Try a small naked. Try a cruiser style bike. Try a dual-sport. Don't spend gobs of money. Be smart about the purchases. Your buy & sell prices should be close costing you little year over year to switch bikes. Don't be a stuck on brands or styles. You're keeping it for a year and moving on.

That for sure won't leave you bored and through the process you'll learn more about yourself, riding, and what you want out of a motorcycle.

Just thinking "don't". You might get bored of her every year!

lol, yep, I had the same thought

yeah most guys get itchy for something new every year
I think that's why bike dudes should never get rid of a bike
just keep them as you get new ones
going forward this is my plan
would like to have around 5 of them to chose from
the Ontario insurance racket makes this tough though

If I could run one policy on the most costly bike and be able to run a bunch, I would. The bikes are cheap(ish) compared to having policies for each.

If all you do is city commuting then I'd agree with everyone that says more power is NOT the answer. Less power is the way to go! You'll get bored of the FZ09 for the same reasons you're bored of your current and past bikes.

Another suggestion - get out of the sport-bike realm. Try a Versys650 or similar. Try a small naked. Try a cruiser style bike. Try a dual-sport. Don't spend gobs of money. Be smart about the purchases. Your buy & sell prices should be close costing you little year over year to switch bikes. Don't be a stuck on brands or styles. You're keeping it for a year and moving on.

That for sure won't leave you bored and through the process you'll learn more about yourself, riding, and what you want out of a motorcycle.

Thanks for your answer. Yeh maybe a complete different change of bikes is what I need.

Have you ever hop a leg over an FZ09? no? then shusss ;)

Back
Top Bottom