Another newbie from Richmond Hill | GTAMotorcycle.com

Another newbie from Richmond Hill

darthwolf

Completed my M1, couse and M2 in 2000 and unfortunatly let it expire. Finally re-did the M1 and course this year, waiting on my 60 to update my licence to M2. Just bot a used 2009 Yahama 250 VStar to practice.

Any tips and routes to practice? I'm near yonge/elgin mills. Going North up bathurst/dufferin a good ride?
Any tips on dealing with cross winds? Wasn't that windy leaving the house but it's a lot different when you're on the road.

Also any recommendations on a good motorcycle mechanic in the area?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
There used to be a place right beside you on Elgin Mills, but iirc they closed down last year.
Going north is good. Scenic. Quiet. Some of my favourite rides.
Smart move on the used cruiser.
Come down to Burrito Boyz Woodbridge one Wednesday.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Welcome! I'm in that area and I usually ride east to Uxbridge area, most of the roads have speed limits of 80km, little traffic, never seen any speed traps. Also lots of nice parking lots along the way so you can stop in and do some practice drills then back to the road. Also most of the roads like Davis, Aurora, Vivian, etc. have reasonable wind coverage with the trees, also good north/south variety with Hwy48 for higher speeds, Kennedy for hills, Leslie for some light curves. Hope that helps! Good luck!

Welcome. Only twist I know in the area is Leslie north of Stouffville...goes around Haynes Lake.

What do you need a mech for?

Last edited:
Welcome

Welcome!

I used to go to school in that area! I guess you know this already but avoid Bayview/Elgin Mills as there are constant constructions going on.

Welcome. I would recommend heading north on Leslie ... as far as you can. The road is in good condition, not so much traffic and perfect for a relaxed easy ride. Send me a PM if you want to team up. As per mechanic shop, I would highly recommend Speedworx (http://www.speedworxsuperbike.com/).

Back
Top Bottom