SUV choices | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

SUV choices

Oooh....currently $1500 off for Hyundai in Ontario which makes things interesting again, plus zero % finance. Also, it has ALL the toys. Just spoke to a friend with a Tucson and he mentioned dealer related service items were reasonably priced.

edit: Have to move up to the "ultimate" package to get some features that are standard on some competitors and there is no zero finance with that model. This is like cable TV packages...confusing.

Last edited:
super annoying Greg Currasco is advertising 8500 off in stock santa fe's. No idea what the catch is.

super annoying Greg Currasco is advertising 8500 off in stock santa fe's. No idea what the catch is.

that a local dealer for you? I'm eastern Ontario but would ask for price matches.

also I realized just now that I'm not comparing apples to apples with the Santa Fe, it's actually a midsize SUV even though the sport doesn't have a 3rd row.

that a local dealer for you? I'm eastern Ontario but would ask for price matches.

also I realized just now that I'm not comparing apples to apples with the Santa Fe, it's actually a midsize SUV even though the sport doesn't have a 3rd row.

I think Carassco has richmond hill hyundai maybe? I don't know, he spends a ton of money on radio and online ads. It is worth a call to see what the offer is, I wouldn't drive in without a clear description of the offer.

Sport is physically much smaller than XL (18" or so would be my guess). Santa Fe (now Santa Fe sport) has always been a half size bigger than the typical compact cubes (Rav, CRV etc) and a half size smaller than ones like highlander, pilot etc. It gives you decent space for cargo without folding the rear seats.

I think Carassco has richmond hill hyundai maybe? I don't know, he spends a ton of money on radio and online ads. It is worth a call to see what the offer is, I wouldn't drive in without a clear description of the offer.

Sport is physically much smaller than XL (18" or so would be my guess). Santa Fe (now Santa Fe sport) has always been a half size bigger than the typical compact cubes (Rav, CRV etc) and a half size smaller than ones like highlander, pilot etc. It gives you decent space for cargo without folding the rear seats.

Thanks, it's definitely a good compromise between the two.

Try and compare the latest SantaFe with a Tuscan. They are very similar in terms of cargo/seating room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smaller engine or larger one? Does it move when you need it to for overtaking? What's the road ride like...also it's not CVT is it?

2.0 I believe and yes it giddy's. At 200k it starting to get a bit rougher and if I did anything over I would have gone a bit heavier in the suspension as I do haul a lot. Bought the bigger wheel package and good rubber so road noise is a non issue.

Hard part will be the wheels, I had them powdercoated and a bit attached to those rims. Brings back the early 90s when I used to "love" my cars.

2.0 I believe and yes it giddy's. At 200k it starting to get a bit rougher and if I did anything over I would have gone a bit heavier in the suspension as I do haul a lot. Bought the bigger wheel package and good rubber so road noise is a non issue.

Hard part will be the wheels, I had them powdercoated and a bit attached to those rims. Brings back the early 90s when I used to "love" my cars.

Thank you. I checked and this is one model that we can afford the ventilated seats with. Those only come on the top model Highlander that costs about $8k more.

Thank you. I checked and this is one model that we can afford the ventilated seats with. Those only come on the top model Highlander that costs about $8k more.

i don't think you'll get the 2.0t with ventilated seats for 40k.

Hyundai Santa Fe Sport seems just about right too. Nicely kitted out for the price. Anyone got one of these and can chime in?

My Wife got the 2013 Santa Fe 2.0 with turbo - She has had it now for 4 years, no issues except the damn touch screen and had to do an alignment on it last year.

Great car, it holds a lot of cargo but the entry point from the back (gigiti) is small, so it fits a lot of stuff inside, but if you need to put in a big piece of furniture or appliance you might have a problem.

Very good in the winter with Winter tires, the service has been good except for one experience.

The pain in the hood get's chipped very easily by rocks but you can buy perfect match paint.

It is fast, decent in fuel - runs around 11.

She paid about 42 cash for it with all the extras, heated seats and steering wheel and ventilated seats and all the jazz, they get cold and nice on the back and the boys on those hot days. WHen you put the peddle to the metal it moves, I always do it at least once when i drive just for fun and can see my wife shaking her head in disapproval

Oh yea and she got 6 years of free oil changes as part of the negotiations, they give you a card for it. Can't go wrong with that.

Last edited:
Try and compare the latest SantaFe with a Tuscan. They are very similar in terms of cargo/seating room.

Really? The Tuscan looks so small.

@jc100 Greg Carrasco does a show on 640 and does tons of ads and contests. He is at Hyundai of Thornhill. Not sure about getting a price match where you are as his mo is high volume sales with low markup.
Keep in mind that Toyota has red tag days on right now too.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Really? The Tuscan looks so small.

@jc100 Greg Carrasco does a show on 640 and does tons of ads and contests. He is at Hyundai of Thornhill. Not sure about getting a price match where you are as his mo is high volume sales with low markup.
Keep in mind that Toyota has red tag days on right now too.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

The Toyota Rav4 is nice but compared to the others in the segment the reviews have it right, it's a little dated in the cabin and I don't think the Red Tag incentives are as good with the Rav4 and Highlander. The Hyundai incentives are pretty good right now though. It's going to be another week before I can test drive these things though as I have family coming over for a bit. Mazda has decent incentives too and good prices.

Have to say, ventilated seats will be quite handy WHEN it gets warmer.

@ Joe Bass

I was really surprised when my wife and I were checking out Hyundai SanteFe and Tuscan. The lastest version of Tuscan was larger than expected.

Have a friend with a 2011 Tuscan and it seemed much smaller.

I honestly thought I was in a SantaFe when sitting in one at the dealer.

Then again, I'm about as sharp as a marble on my best day so, take it for what it's worth.

Maybe that's why u was suggesting to check them both out for validation? Lol.

Lol. Sorry folks. I was going Italian. Not Arizona. Dang it!

Have to say, ventilated seats will be quite handy WHEN it gets warmer.

Have to say, have these on our vehicle. over rated and rarely used. its kinda like a sunroof. Neat to have, but after the novelty wears off, not used much.

I really wouldn't hinge a buying decision based on whether the model has ventilated seats....

Have to say, have these on our vehicle. over rated and rarely used. its kinda like a sunroof. Neat to have, but after the novelty wears off, not used much.

I really wouldn't hinge a buying decision based on whether the model has ventilated seats....

Different people have different priorities, but you're right, I'm not basing it on this but it would be nice to have. My main priority right now is visibility, my wife is worried about power lift gates and handling 2 dogs. We'd actually prefer a manual liftgate but then you're usually at the bottom of the trim level and lose a lot of other toys.

I have to disagree. I sweat in the summer but with ventilated seats it's a non issue. One of my favorite features offered these days.

Back
Top Bottom