2017 Honda Rebel | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 Honda Rebel

Eh, it's growing on me.

--All the components are distinct, leaving nice air gaps. I like that in a bike.
--Round headlight. Enuff said.
--Fatty tires. I'm fat too, so there's another checkmark.
--Parallel twins are nice, compact engines. Very Honda if you think about it.
--The coffin tank is definitely a cruiser touch, but it needs something to liven it up. Dark silver is horribly boring.
--That seat could probably use some work.
--Real fender on back, fig leaf on front? A bit confused there.

What's the size on this? Hopefully not tiny. Should be a decent seller, especially if there's a decent aftermarket.

--Parallel twins are nice, compact engines. Very Honda if you think about it.

Think this is a single. All of Honda's other small bikes lately have also been singles.

Honestly I think the looks could be vastly improved just with a better colour scheme. Matte gray on black on black is kinda well travelled, I think.

Just wondering if the designers are riders too? Doesn't seem like it?

The new CBR250 is a twin, I am assuming this would be the same engine? Might be the old one still though, but it wouldnt make much sense not to refresh the whole lineup.

Think this is a single. All of Honda's other small bikes lately have also been singles.

Honestly I think the looks could be vastly improved just with a better colour scheme. Matte gray on black on black is kinda well travelled, I think.

The 300 is a single, the 500 is a twin.

Actually saw them today at the Honda dealer - the 300s...for a height challenged ride they looked decent.

2017_Rebel300_Style.jpg

No pillion - will popular in Australian with their solo seat registration deal. Red tank might work but I think it's a decent in between of standard bike and cruiser

Parked it looks cruiserish

Rider on - looks more upright.
040417-2017-honda-rebel-300-image00.jpg

Nothing wrong with singles..

The BMW310 GS might be my next Australia bike.

cw1116-2017-bmw-g-310-gs-image-07_2.jpg

Last edited:
The Rebel 300 has the engine and transmission out of the CBR300/CB300F and the Rebel 500 has the engine and transmission out of the CBR500/CB500F/CB500X.

It's smart from a bottom line point of view and those are both great engines anyway.

With a rider aboard, I think it looks pretty decent. Ergos look live-able as well. Shame all these 500cc (and under) bikes weren't around when I got my license. They're a sight better than all the soggy, ~25 year-old designs I was forced to choose from.

The 300 is a single, the 500 is a twin.

Ah, didn't know there was a 500. The bike pictured at the top of the thread is definitely a single tho

The out of proportion styling instantly makes sense to me now. They obviously are using the same frame for both bikes, and the 300 looks weird(er) as a result. The actual 500 looks better to me. Just something about the open space and the tiny single pipe makes me think of my/your cousin's minibike built on a questionable frame using a found OHV tiller motor or something

I like the 500 actually...would be a nice replacement for my CB500F if nothing more than just for a diff type of ride. I'd like to try out a cruiser, but unfortunately my garage is tiny and can barely squeeze the 500F in there, so this would be something I'd be interested in...not too many small cruisers.

Saw the Ducati Scrambler a couple of days ago...so nice...so very nice...

Both Rebels look awkward to me. Not a fan.

via Tapatalk

I think it's because it's "not quite cruiser"

honda-shadow-vt750c2b-04.jpg

040417-2017-honda-rebel-300-image00.jpg

look at foot position and rake

Jayell ...if you are 5' 3" or less they likely look VERY good.

Not my cuppa either but decent enough starter for the height challenged.

Honda-Rebel.png
This is a Honda Rebel. It's a cheap copy of a Harley Davidson Wide Glide that looked pretty good. The new Rebel is a bad copy of an Iron 883 Sportster gone horrifically wrong. I bet this new Rebel is discontinued or completely restyled after two years.

"Cheap copy"...yeah right. I'll take Honda durability, reliability and price anyday over HD.
Some of the design choices tho are a bit "odd"

honda-nm4vultus-motorycle-frontoffset-970x647-c.jpg

then there is the Rune

z%2B2004_Honda_Valkyrie_Rune_1800%2BLeft_Side_View.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think it is a style copy as the front is not raked anywhere close and feet are under the rider not forward.
Pretty unique I think and should appeal.
It's eye catching in person ......dealer today had dozens of bikes on the floor and they stood out.

More of a bobber feel to it tho yeah - sportster influence too.

cw1016-2017-triumph-bonneville-bobber-first-look-image-01_copy.jpg

sportster-bobber-5.jpg

but that's still feet forward.

Last edited:
Rebel rebel put on your dress...
Rebel rebel that tank is a mess...

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Back
Top Bottom