Chain slack | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chain slack

joey12jet

Please see the slack on my chain in the picture attached. Is this normal during acceleration?
I checked my chain slack and it is at 1" up and down range.
dee460de5a77c3a2d7a18575ab442d17.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I can tell that you're extremely choppy on your throttle application coming out of the turn. Be more smooth and you'll find people's pictures of your chain during acceleration won't show it being so lax. Also, each of your wheels are different colours and if you were to reduce the amount of stickers you'd notice an overall improvement in performance.

I can tell that you're extremely choppy on your throttle application coming out of the turn. Be more smooth and you'll find people's pictures of your chain during acceleration won't show it being so lax. Also, each of your wheels are different colours and if you were to reduce the amount of stickers you'd notice an overall improvement in performance.
I agree to all the points you mentioned except for the sticker comment.

Each stickers gives 5hp. If you are good in math this bike is over a thousand hp. Thats already a gigantonormous amount of performance.I dont need more than that. Lol.

Leave my stickers alone. Hehe

As for the wheels, this is a frankenstein bike. It is composed of different parts but it is mechanically sound. Im just too poor to afford expensive paint job.

lol. As for a real answer about the chain - "I dunno." So long as you got the tension set as per whatever the racing track warriors tell you (or the manual), I'd say you're fine. However, I believe the total range of motion (from low to high) should be like 1.5 inches, and not 1" in either direction. Depends on how I read the sentence in your OP.

I remember i read in my manual that the slack should be 3/4 to 1" when i did adjustments before. Ill double check.

Follow the video, it's the only way you can't lose. Centrifical force in a near bottomed out suspension under throttle load may look wobbly, but if it's set up as per video, it's correct.

https://youtu.be/D_WdhZGJsTg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The slack is normal and a little more is better than not enough.

How's my throttle control?
1006D00B-A77A-4880-8AC0-940888AE795F_1.jpg

That's a sweet picture.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

You can tell from this picture that you were actually quite harsh with the throttle - twitchy even. The fact that front wheel is off the ground, and yet your butt is off the seat is eerily familiar to a bucking bull-ride at the local country bar. You need more practice, less stickers, and larger race hump on your suit. You'll get it soon enough, son.

Very cool pic. I noticed u dont have front spocket cover.When I removed mine, there was chain lube everywhere.

Very cool pic. I noticed u dont have front spocket cover.When I removed mine, there was chain lube everywhere.

Old track-warrior trick. The lube gets spit off the bike and hopefully on to the racer's visor behind you or on to the track.

You can tell from this picture that you were actually quite harsh with the throttle - twitchy even. The fact that front wheel is off the ground, and yet your butt is off the seat is eerily familiar to a bucking bull-ride at the local country bar. You need more practice, less stickers, and larger race hump on your suit. You'll get it soon enough, son.

Lol actually that's kind of what it's like to ride a 180hp bike around a small track. Keep your *** in the seat and watch your lap times grow. I'll eventually figure out how to work the the throttle but for now it's just an on/off switch.

Its partially there but I cut it away to make gearing changes easier. I removed it completely on the new bike but left the metal guard.

Last edited:
mismatched color rims is riveting...can't get past this detail to look at the chain issue.

Back
Top Bottom