River Road. Po Po. | GTAMotorcycle.com

River Road. Po Po.

cycling

Site Supporter
Hope nobody got caught today.
I like to wave to see what sort of reaction I get.
He sneered at me, like a Grrr, Grrr.

His car was backed up in-between the trees. Well hidden until you where on top of him. Too late then. As it is in the middle of a corner. Dark uniform, white Po Po car. The locals must have been on their toes and telling Bikers. Great place to get us. I was warned by a nice Cager. Not that I speed. Nor do any of us.

Thanks for the heads up!

No problem.
However, I have often wondered why there have never been more Po Po. I guess if they put one out there now and again it is perhaps cautionary.
Same as on 124 every now and then they put one behind the church. Have not seen one there in months. Similar on 26 (Going east) just before Collingwood. Small village, 50 Zone. Have one placed looking uphill. Easy to do 50+.
Moral of the story? Well I`m sure you can all guess.

He was still hovering around at 4pm. We were doing well under the speed limit as there was all kinds of traffic at Terra Nova (wedding it looked like) and we still got a nasty stare down from him. Looked like a pleasant guy just itching to nail someone.

No problem.
However, I have often wondered why there have never been more Po Po. I guess if they put one out there now and again it is perhaps cautionary.
Same as on 124 every now and then they put one behind the church. Have not seen one there in months. Similar on 26 (Going east) just before Collingwood. Small village, 50 Zone. Have one placed looking uphill. Easy to do 50+.
Moral of the story? Well I`m sure you can all guess.

Well according to our resident current and ex cops, speed traps are often the result of local complaint. My guess, unlike the forks, it's just a little too far north for the entitled gta types to take up permanent residence. Coupled with my completely anecdotal observation of most riders being relatively respectful through the towns on either end, complaints may be low.

I was up there about a week ago midweek and noticed one of those large speed display signs just west of Terra Nova. Usually a precursor to a speed blitz since those signs typically follow complaints from the local residents.

Back
Top Bottom