PA 44/144 report. | GTAMotorcycle.com

PA 44/144 report.

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Lovely ride down 219 - with the wind all the way to PA.

44 off 6 is just perfect.....Cherry Hill where it intersects 144 is covered in tents ...some sort of a star gazing

144 is in fantastic shape.......

and then.......

about 20 miles before Renovo is freshly chipped.....perhaps my fav portion will take a year to "mature".
It's okay of if you are solo but there was a group of about 20 riders and a build up of cars.

The surface is hard to see as the loose stone blends in perfectly so I could see why some of the riders were taking it very easy.

Seemed to be the day for group rides .....took a break in Coudersport at Sheetz for coffee and watched a mob pull in for gas.

Having late lunch at Yesterdays ....my hand sore from throttle control in a group plus the surface was uncertain.

Hopefully the portion south of Renovo will not be under repair...last time I was down it was superb.

BTW downtown Coudersport is a mess.

Gorgeous day and generally lovely road conditions...I did notice a lot more using Nexus at the border. Only the last 30 minutes in Renovo were disappointing as the stretch where 144 turns right and crosses the river used to be my fav

I'm early - got away at 8 am and only 95 km from motel...might be able to figure a Wykoff report too :D

Get out there. Tons of bikes out here as the previous two days were torrential rain. Rivers are high in the area.

•••••

144 to tha south is lovely but due to the heavy rains there are some ( very few ) patches of gravel - definitely a road to blitz.

Last edited:
We really liked 666 when we were down there a couple weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom