Can't start 250 honda rebel | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can't start 250 honda rebel

Load test showed the old battery to be toast, 2 or more sulphated cells. New Yuasa today and she runs like new. Stator and reg/rectifier check out good.
This battery was 2 years old but I didn't have it on a tender until a few months ago.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

At least you can bump start yours, this is how my day ended yesterday.
Stopped for a drink, bike wouldn't start again. Battery is fried, going to get a new one and check out the charging system.
Luckily for me, the wife is used to being my recovery team over the last 20 years.
6015474660b4398b64b25813c3b8bc6b.jpg

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
I need to find myself a girl who will do that all the time!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Well it might not be just a battery issue, you could be having issues with the charging system as well

If it's not a new battery and shop won't replace it, before buying a new battery get the one you have load tested....if it passes that and will hold a charge, then you might be having a charging issue, the shop might be on the hook to repair that, but more than likely not...
Yea that's a great tip I didn't even think it would be the alternator.

Recommendation: purchase a digital multi meter. Measuring voltage - key off, key on, running - is the basis for a self assessment of the battery and charging system. A DMM will come in handy for many more tasks as well.
Yea those things are great. I had one, but it got stolen when someone jacked my car last year.

OP, keep in mind that a decade (or more) old Honda Rebel is worth about $2,000 so don't spend more than its value unless your uncle is paying for everything still.

I'd be also curious as to what exactly the shop replaced for $1,000 if you can get your hands on the bill. It's good to know anyhow, for your own piece of mind.
Yea that's true. The shop offered to buy it from my uncle for $2500 but I'm in Canada. So if you're in the states that's about $1800 American. I'm just glad I didn't pay for the repairs.

Yea that's true. The shop offered to buy it from my uncle for $2500 but I'm in Canada. So if you're in the states that's about $1800 American. I'm just glad I didn't pay for the repairs.

Fyi we're about 99% Canadian here.
Greater Toronto Area Motorcycle
GTAM
?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Fyi we're about 99% Canadian here.
Greater Toronto Area Motorcycle
GTAM
?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app
Haha thanks for the heads up man! I didn't know what the group stood for. I downloaded the app to look for a forum to fix my problem since google wasn't helping me much. This group seemed the most helpful, and you guys are!

those USB/ voltmeter things are awesome, just dont wire it into a circuit thats not switched with ignition. That tiny transformer thing will suck power, slowly.

Back
Top Bottom