Selling bike to a dealer | GTAMotorcycle.com

Selling bike to a dealer

YuriB

I was wondering if there are any motorcycle dealers in GTA or around (close to Woodbridge preferably) that I could sell my bike to?
I don't want to go through the trouble of selling it myself, and I don't want any trades, just want to get rid of it.
My bike is 2013 Suzuki GSX650F (ABS). I understand it's not a very common model, so may take long time to sell.
So are any dealers around here known to be willing to just buy a bike, not as trade-in?

Take 5 minutes and list it on Kijiji.ca or Trader.ca with a few pictures for cheap (and as-is if you want).
Dealer would likely offer you less than half of what its worth if you could even get them to take it.

Not sure if they buy bikes (vs trade-in's) but Vos Motors is in your area and sells lots of used bikes. Worth a call.

We sold one of our bikes to GP in Whitby. Jerry the owner gave us a cheque after he did the title search ,maybe one hour at most. Price was fair considering the ease of transaction. He already appraised it as part of a trade in deal with another dealer that never happened. They earned our loyalty on that deal for years to come.

Cycleworldsuperstore in Scarborough buys inventory from private. I just sold mine to them. But their price is rip off.

If its a rip off then why did you accept their offer...

We sold one of our bikes to GP in Whitby. Jerry the owner gave us a cheque after he did the title search ,maybe one hour at most. Price was fair considering the ease of transaction. He already appraised it as part of a trade in deal with another dealer that never happened. They earned our loyalty on that deal for years to come.

I had a positive exp with a trade in at GP as well.
Mechanics looked over my trade bike, and the sales staff made a very reasonable offer towards the higher end of blue book value.

My vote is to sell it privately

But if you must trade it in

Gp bikes

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

GSX650F is an excellent bike, comfortable all rounder with decent performance and bullet proof reliability
it's also the kind of bike that doesn't have mass appeal in NA, boatloads of them in Europe

agree with the suggestion of GP bikes, but you're gonna get the wholesale number, good luck OP

As others have mentioned, you'll get hosed bad on value vs selling privately. If you're willing to accept that and just want to wash your hands of the bike, then it is what it is, but if you actually want to get what it's worth selling privately is the way to go, assuming you're asking a reasonable amount of money for it.

Join the Motorcycle Garage Sale Ontario FB group as well - decent audience there as well, in addition to Kijiji and Trader.

Yes, selling privately, you'll get tire kickers and there will be some who waste your time, but again, when the right person does come along you'll get far more for the bike in the end.

This bike might be a good fit for Adrisen. 30" seat height and more upright riding position.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

This bike might be a good fit for Adrisen. 30" seat height and more upright riding position.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
Nope. The wide in line 4 and long tank will make it a stretch to the ground and to the bars. My wife tried one and at 5'3" she was not comfortable, the reach was too much like her bandit. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I've gotten some good deals on my trade ins at dealers, but that's because I walk in wanting a new bike and have cash. You have way more leverage that way. Strictly selling to a dealer they will give you peanuts

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom