Mileage on street tires? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mileage on street tires?

jeff96

What do people here get for mileage on their rear tire?

I've got about 10,000 km on my Michelin Pilot Street and the rear tire might not make it the entire season. It's on a CBR 125 so no, I'm not doing burn outs or anything crazy to it. It did wear a little flat in the middle after a 1000 mile ride, but there is no unusual wear pattern. It's sold as a front tire; tires in 100-80-17 are hard to find. Could this account for faster tire wear?

Is 15,000km decent mileage?

On a side note, since I'll be replacing the tire near the end of summer, does anyone have any experience with this m+s rated tire; Heidenau K66 4-Season Scooter Tire? I wonder if the softer compound will wear even faster. I do like to wander gravel roads sometimes, so it might be a superior tire in that regard.

The Street Pilot was only $64, so I can't complain there. I changed out the OEM tire because it was a little slippery, but I think that's because it is 9 years old. I can get that for $90 but no free shipping and it would be a 2 hour ride to go get. Any other brands I should look at?

What do people here get for mileage on their rear tire?

I've got about 10,000 km on my Michelin Pilot Street and the rear tire might not make it the entire season. It's on a CBR 125 so no, I'm not doing burn outs or anything crazy to it. It did wear a little flat in the middle after a 1000 mile ride, but there is no unusual wear pattern. It's sold as a front tire; tires in 100-80-17 are hard to find. Could this account for faster tire wear?

Is 15,000km decent mileage?

On a side note, since I'll be replacing the tire near the end of summer, does anyone have any experience with this m+s rated tire; Heidenau K66 4-Season Scooter Tire? I wonder if the softer compound will wear even faster. I do like to wander gravel roads sometimes, so it might be a superior tire in that regard.

The Street Pilot was only $64, so I can't complain there. I changed out the OEM tire because it was a little slippery, but I think that's because it is 9 years old. I can get that for $90 but no free shipping and it would be a 2 hour ride to go get. Any other brands I should look at?

pirelli dunlop bridgestone metzler michelin .....
15000 kms is good mileage for a rear. I would replace your rear tire and ride happy...
stretching out your tires a little longer? penny wise, pound foolish.
http://www.petes-superbike.com/tires-c-2234_1.html has the different manufacturers tire sizes listed if you want to browse tires. good prices canuck

edit- im pretty sure there is a specific cbr125 forum out there. Might be a good place for tire reviews?

Last edited:
The Michelin is a great all-round street tire, and the price you quoted seems about right.
The Heidenau is a longer wearing tire used on a lot of the school bikes, and has a more aggressive tread for wet weather.
The OEM tire is crap, as is the IRC - there aren't a lot of choices I'm afraid....

pirelli dunlop bridgestone metzler michelin .....
15000 kms is good mileage for a rear. I would replace your rear tire and ride happy...
stretching out your tires a little longer? penny wise, pound foolish.
http://www.petes-superbike.com/tires-c-2234_1.html has the different manufacturers tire sizes listed if you want to browse tires. good prices canuck

edit- im pretty sure there is a specific cbr125 forum out there. Might be a good place for tire reviews?
Sidenote, Pete's has good prices, but once you pay for shipping, it was $15 cheaper for me to get a pair of PR4'S off Fort9. Then add in a bunch of stuff to really make it worth your free shipping.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. The Canadian cbr125 forum is gone. Most of the forums on these bikes are Europe based.
At the rate I'm going, I think I'll just get another Michelin and wear it out before I need to worry about a 4 season tire

Sent from my X5max_PRO using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Back
Top Bottom