New rider, GSX R600 insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

New rider, GSX R600 insurance

Cat

Hello, does anyone know where I can get a better deal on insurance for a GSX R600? I used to ride a few years ago but I made a mistake of letting my license expire and I just got my m2 last year so I'm hoping I can find a better quote than $6500 from TD. I'm 28, female. I know with the new rules it will be difficult but I would think I can find something more reasonable than this. Thanks!

Good luck. Shop around but the ss bikes are having a hard time with insurance this year, especially newer riders under 30.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Best you'll find is 3500-4k.
Got my gsxr down to 1k with Allstate when I bundled my house (which was already with them) and my car (and they were cheaper than my prior).
27 Male in Pickering

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just called Allstate, must be 30+ with an M license.
Tried riders plus, aviva, and a bunch of others, all are no no lol I wonder if facility will be cheaper than TD...

Just spoke with TD again for the 4th time to confirm some things, and the agent tells me that because this is a stand alone policy (no car or property insurance) they have some clause that would take an additional 7 weeks to put this policy into effect once I purchase the bike. Not only would it take 7 weeks, they may require me to transfer my car over.

What is up with all these insurance companies being so damn sneaky when it comes to motorcycle insurance? So frustrating.

Just spoke with TD again for the 4th time to confirm some things, and the agent tells me that because this is a stand alone policy (no car or property insurance) they have some clause that would take an additional 7 weeks to put this policy into effect once I purchase the bike. Not only would it take 7 weeks, they may require me to transfer my car over.

What is up with all these insurance companies being so damn sneaky when it comes to motorcycle insurance? So frustrating.

Risk. To them you're just figures on a spreadsheet. And being a young & new(er) rider on a powerful sportbike designed primarily for track use the risk level for them is "very high", especially in Ontario where SABs (statutory accident benefits) are so expensive to them. By moving other stuff over to them -- your car, house etc -- they might give you a break on the bike and/or will try to spread the cost around a bit. You're still going to pay through the nose for a 600 SS.

Consider a "lesser" bike, one with "straight" bars instead of clipons etc. Ask for a quote on an FZ-07, for example. More ccs but less power and more "touring" oriented.

TD and allstate are the worst imo

Paul south might give you a break, but for SS the rules changed recently, so you'll have to ask him

Being under 30 and sports bike is very very hard to get ins. They are not even writing them with alot of companies now. Best of luck anyways sincerely

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Consider a "lesser" bike, one with "straight" bars instead of clipons etc. Ask for a quote on an FZ-07, for example. More ccs but less power and more "touring" oriented.

This. Don't be fixated on a 600RR supersport, look at more affordable alternatives until your experience and age bring the SS down to a more reasonable level.

Hello, does anyone know where I can get a better deal on insurance for a GSX R600? I used to ride a few years ago but I made a mistake of letting my license expire and I just got my m2 last year so I'm hoping I can find a better quote than $6500 from TD. I'm 28, female. I know with the new rules it will be difficult but I would think I can find something more reasonable than this. Thanks!
as others have said lots of insurance rules have changed lately. some companies in order to credit you for previous motorcycle experience you have to prove XX years of prior continuous insurance...if you have any gap you loose the prior experience.

leave the SS alone and look at the FZ07..once you have 2 or 3 years of a continuous policy you may be able to get into a better market.
personally i pay $550 a year on a 600rr but i have probably 12 yrs now with M class, 6 or so of continuous motorcycle insurance, 100% clean record with no claims, over 30, just outside of GTA, and now i think im getting 2 more discounts stacked on so the price may drop even more.

TD and allstate are the worst imo

Different for everyone...I just moved everything to Allstate, and saving a ton across the bike and car. That said, my bike isn't a SS (most classify it as sport or sports touring, thankfully).

I am insured with aviva through Daulton Timmis insurance. Contact karryanne. 1 (888) 385-8466. I have a friend in insurance and also stated that aviva has the best rates. I shopped around and no one came close to them.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Aviva won't insure anyone on a SS until you have your license for a minimum of 4 years. I went through that issue with them. TD quoted me the best rates so far. $2100/yr and I received my M2 November 2016.
Will waiting it out till spring be a good idea? I will be 30 and have my full M come end of March 2018. TD told me that having an M2 and an M don't make any difference to prices, but I'm sure they were just saying that so I'd leave Aviva and go with them.

Aviva won't insure anyone on a SS until you have your license for a minimum of 4 years. I went through that issue with them. TD quoted me the best rates so far. $2100/yr and I received my M2 November 2016.
Will waiting it out till spring be a good idea? I will be 30 and have my full M come end of March 2018. TD told me that having an M2 and an M don't make any difference to prices, but I'm sure they were just saying that so I'd leave Aviva and go with them.

Interesting, is it you have to have license for 4 years or 4 years of insured riding?

And I have also heard the same, M2 to M doesnt matter, only years of uninterrupted coverage

Just called Allstate, must be 30+ with an M license.
Tried riders plus, aviva, and a bunch of others, all are no no lol I wonder if facility will be cheaper than TD...
Wtf? Now these crooks have upped the age to 30? What happened to 25? Whats next? 40?

Wtf? Now these crooks have upped the age to 30? What happened to 25? Whats next? 40?

25 used to be the age where insurance companies considered people "grown up" enough to act like adults, take less risks, and be more responsible.

Now, yeah....not so sure about that. I guess insurance companies have begun to notice the same.

We get royally screwed in Ontario. My 19 yr old cousin in Calgary is paying $1200/yr full coverage on 2015 GSXR 750 with a class 6 license (same as a M2).

Last edited:
go to Gatineau, get a PO Box, complete a paper only move to Quebec, get on their government insurance

go to Gatineau, get a PO Box, complete a paper only move to Quebec, get on their government insurance

Yeah but if you crash and they search your unconcious body and see that your wallet only contains Ontario health card and licence and they notice you are not carrying luggage they will deny your claim and possibly be charged with criminal fraud.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom