Urgent - Mississauga & area need OEM chain kit installed today or tomorrow. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Urgent - Mississauga & area need OEM chain kit installed today or tomorrow.

Was just going to say Frekeguy, but I see you already messaged him

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

You need to drop the swingarm to get the chain past the swingarm pivot if the chain is endless. And find a way to support the bike without a rear stand
Uh, No. That's what a chain breaker and riveter is for.
MacDoc - don't let Ash change your chain and sprockets.

With the specific mention of the OEM kit, I thought the OP may have wanted the security of an endless chain versus one with a master link. Some people are paranoid about that sort of thing. I've got the chain tools and always just went with the master link

Uh, No. That's what a chain breaker and riveter is for.
MacDoc - don't let Ash change your chain and sprockets.

Endless chains are what they sound like - you get the chain in a loop, there is no break. It used to be that most bikes had these out of the factory, I can't speak to what they get today. Compared to a properly installed riveted master link there is no functional difference anymore

GP Bikes used to have a first come first served service bay but that may have only been on certain days. Could call and check.

Also, I know this doesn't help now but look at this http://www.ekchain.jp/feature/ screw type masterlinks that give a rivet like connection with no special tools. Just need a wrench. That still doesn't help with the sprockets though.

With the specific mention of the OEM kit, I thought the OP may have wanted the security of an endless chain versus one with a master link. Some people are paranoid about that sort of thing. I've got the chain tools and always just went with the master link

Master link done with a rivet clip is pretty much the same as an endless. If done properly, the clip-on links are fine for road use especially with a dab of silicon.

Master link done with a rivet clip is pretty much the same as an endless. If done properly, the clip-on links are fine for road use especially with a dab of silicon.
Yeah, I know, I'm not one of the paranoid ones. I've used clip and rivet with no worries. The other reason for asking if it were an endless chain is that it would have sucked to discover at 7pm on Saturday in a buddy's garage that (potentially) the kit didn't actually come with a master link. Especially if you'd already cut the old chain off. =)

Riders Choice booked me in today at zero notice ....second time they came through.

Thanks to all.

Nice! Was going to offer an hour early Saturday morning. I'm no pro but have done this half dozen times or so on my track/street bikes. The most difficult part is making sure the rear wheel is in proper alignment and tracking properly. You'll more than likely have to move the rear wheel forward if the old chain has been adjusted as it gets more slack over time. Same goes if you change gearing.

Yeah, I know, I'm not one of the paranoid ones. I've used clip and rivet with no worries. The other reason for asking if it were an endless chain is that it would have sucked to discover at 7pm on Saturday in a buddy's garage that (potentially) the kit didn't actually come with a master link. Especially if you'd already cut the old chain off. =)

haha. Yeah, good point. That'd really put you behind the 8-ball.

Back
Top Bottom