Urgent - Mississauga & area need OEM chain kit installed today or tomorrow. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Urgent - Mississauga & area need OEM chain kit installed today or tomorrow.

Master link done with a rivet clip is pretty much the same as an endless. If done properly, the clip-on links are fine for road use especially with a dab of silicon.

Yeah, I know, I'm not one of the paranoid ones. I've used clip and rivet with no worries. The other reason for asking if it were an endless chain is that it would have sucked to discover at 7pm on Saturday in a buddy's garage that (potentially) the kit didn't actually come with a master link. Especially if you'd already cut the old chain off. =)

I always cringe when I install a chain with a clip masterlink. (and i've installed plenty of chains / sprockets etc)

I always mark the clip type master link with bright paint marker around the edges, and safety wire + silicon it - and give the owner a speech about inspecting the link when they lube their chain.
But i still find chains without the master link clip with oblivious owners.

So my practice is to install rivet links, and have spares in case a I get a chain with a clip master link.

If I am pick your chain , i am going with a rivet link.

All well - got the oil change too which was due and was told tires get iffy which I knew. Tread is okay but there is a flat spot.....does not seem to bother me.

BUT ...asked for 40 psi in the rear and 36 in the front....got 48 and 38

38 front I can live with 48 rear not so much.

Let air out.??...not so easy with bad knees and a TPS sensor to take off then put on again.

Thoughts on 48 PSI cold on the rear of a loaded DL650. Pilot 3s.

All well - got the oil change too which was due and was told tires get iffy which I knew. Tread is okay but there is a flat spot.....does not seem to bother me.

Thoughts on 48 PSI cold on the rear of a loaded DL650. Pilot 3s.

I think that tire will feel hard. When I ride same bike fully loaded it's around 42psi (cold) for the rear and regular riding is around 38psi.

For me personally, the front at 38psi would also be too hard, but fine enough for a longer tour, but not for twisty roads. I like it closer to 33/34psi (cold).

For my SV650S (kinda like DL650), I got my new tires and chain/spocket installed last month by Daymon&Ian Bike Repairs 416-617-3128

Bike was conveniently picked up from my home and delivered after the work was done. I wasn't in a rush. They do work by appointment and can work around your schedule. Give'em a call. :thumbup:

Let air out.??...not so easy with bad knees and a TPS sensor to take off then put on again.

Sorry Mac, I'm confused. If your bad knees make it difficult or impossible to bleed some air, how do you know what the tire pressures are in the first place?

Glad your chain is sorted. I was going to offer my place.

via Tapatalk

I have a TMPS which let me know the pressure was wrong in the first place. It's accurate within 1/2 lb of my regular mechanics gauge..couple lb okay but 48 cold too high.

As it turns out....I;m not going south BRP anymore

I’m still doing the trip but not in a deluge - will rebook next week

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weat...humidity-in-parts-of-northeastern-us/70002009

https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

I was afraid of that damn tropical system

-sfDbICYYtbDApEQA3C0_URBPai019NYXvPRiJnd7g0rSJ5GydQrEeBwoMtCdrsNW0cqWyxdFRMO1BKdOmMgMG61Z47mWUSTs8RoQWrYRn4_qEBakOyzV3007o2WPlxw8q9nGAX9mDk3gQf-GaXLTnuH2J0JoGdt69XQAJ-KWoDKCOWda-CDYWeOFA0mQs7XMTSke1U-tdxOV4QeYUjEeXNcwOfjcZH14giHTt3w4QYtsJKzO9l9IEM9qCqrN-_xzuYBWq4wRZHcOy25j-Y5hlTRtwVyQGqWEOALL-pRpbs_x0YSYq2234oTJCQAjhp5d7JMycDRNqCfIQg884u4hkO7hMLAxLR4BwKmXj0JDK4PgW7jhLpILmqJ_-DjKslMhrlmQ1IZc-pf9Utw_HBGQxSGj8450P_UsPuv_fqhYqx4rs5d6dwDt0MwRwmDI8vfgtDHIclPmnId9CUcnBOxNvd-XYSpMCnO7E6f7uDMIhWDxobJ6Zvp9UgQLaHXI6h0JFaAbYudkiT1ck87KM9v_hfwKAb-Zg6uvzJSYpZyvKyjy71zz53pybucBijXzUjoS8GzUo0snnfTzrJ3sBogJYH8Sg9jcXDEMQKboYM3M5xbfJTdfNTktA=w1264-h1102-no

Maybe it's Quebec - not too bad but Ohio looks brilliant get behind it. PA tomorrow and then swing west.
Marietta and the triple nickel :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom