U of T blacks only graduation | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

U of T blacks only graduation

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/ndu...racist-a-note-on-historical-power_a_22022517/

Before blacks could be racist, it would be necessary for them to conquer white people and subjugate them. They would have to inferiorise them socially, culturally, and juridically, denigrate their culture and impose theirs as the standard for all human beings. They would have to construct a fictitious hierarchy on being's chain in which humanity would be accorded to non-blacks differentially based on their "morphological proximity" to blacks. They would have to structure the economy so that it favoured black flourishing and white exclusion and marginalisation and led to avoidable and premature death of whites. They would have to distort the history of white people and re-write it as a justification for the domination that blacks would at the time enjoy over white people. In a world where all of this had been done and comfortably put in place, there blacks could be racist!

wondering how black you have to be to qualify?
if you have a white great grandparent are you tainted and do not qualify?

ridiculous, if you're in Canada and find your specialness is not being protected enough, the problem is you

Nothing to discuss. It's completely moronic and against the whole idea of diversity. Either we're the same or we aren't (it's the second one)

I don't mind that a student group organized it. They're free to gather as they see fit. The part that sucks is it receiving school funding. And the other part that sucks is the obvious outrage that would follow an all white ceremony, should white students choose to organize one.

You graduated from the best university in the country. You are not oppressed or disadvantaged. Stop crying victim.

Simple ... this 100%

Nothing to discuss. It's completely moronic and against the whole idea of diversity. Either we're the same or we aren't (it's the second one)

I don't mind that a student group organized it. They're free to gather as they see fit. The part that sucks is it receiving school funding. And the other part that sucks is the obvious outrage that would follow an all white ceremony, should white students choose to organize one.

You graduated from the best university in the country. You are not oppressed or disadvantaged. Stop crying victim.

If the stats were made open would a prospective employer think "So you graduated third in your class but that was only part of the class so what was your real ranking and what should I expect of you?" Big fish in little pond scenario. What is the backfire potential?

Big fish in little pond scenario or little fish in a big pond phenomenon happens every day (regardless race or religion minority) .... it's statistically proven that there no advantage to either one (of course except for some certain fields and markets ... like looking for a lawyer gig in New York City .... helps if you have Harvard degree, but it helps even more if your parents were Jewish; that's just the way it is whether anyone has a problem with it or not). Psychologically, many kids suffer being small fish in a huge pond, but they found out too late usually.

But I am not sure how that has anything to do with this particular case which really attacks diversity in my opinion.

Last edited:
Proposed deletion of this thread under the "no political discussions" rule.

political discussion??

There's a very small few around here who don't "like" that from time to time there are discussions about current events in Romper Room that others feel are important to discuss.

As such, said small minority has petitioned the Moderators to ban such threads (And I would argue indirectly ban/censure certain members). As such, a wide variety of threads in Romper Room are being labeled as "Political" in an attempt to censure them.

Back
Top Bottom