U of T blacks only graduation | GTAMotorcycle.com

U of T blacks only graduation

miggs

Site Supporter
So apparently students, with the blessing of the University, have organized a graduation ceremony for black students only to take place today.

This was done to "celebrate diversity", but maybe someone should teach these kids what the word irony means...

How well do think suggesting a ceremony for whites only would play out, and why is racism, and exclusion promoted and encouraged; as long as you aren't caucasian.

What's next? Chinese only, Jewish only, Trans only, Women who identify as men that identify as robots only?

Personally, as someone who promotes inclusion and diversity, this offends me.

Let's discuss. Respectfully please.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3547505/university-of-toronto-graduation/

Nothing to discuss. It's completely moronic and against the whole idea of diversity. Either we're the same or we aren't (it's the second one)

I don't mind that a student group organized it. They're free to gather as they see fit. The part that sucks is it receiving school funding. And the other part that sucks is the obvious outrage that would follow an all white ceremony, should white students choose to organize one.

You graduated from the best university in the country. You are not oppressed or disadvantaged. Stop crying victim.

1QB8fkn.gif

Well I just imagine that employers will be lining up to hire the newly graduated black students. What organization doesn't want new hires that will be dreaming up all sorts of specialized treatments and accommodations, you know, to celebrate diversity.

Ridiculous. They already had an elite special group, "the 2017 university of Toronto graduates". What more do they want? I understand minorities wanting to be treated as equals, I don't understand anyone thinking they should be treated better or special.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

U of T is way overrated as a university. Segregated graduations? It's racism, pure and simple.
It's not quite segregated graduations... they still have the main ceremony.

Any group (other than whites) would be allowed to gather in the same manner. That's the double standard. Also the fact that the school fund and encourages it is low brow. We wanna be equals, or not?

The only part that bothers me about this is the schooling funding of it. Other than that, knock yourself out.

"Diversity Through Discrimination". In Latin: "Discrimen, Propter Diversitatem"
The new school motto!

Last edited:
The moment I saw this article this morning, I couldn't facepalm hard enough.

There is no diversity in an "black only" ceremony.

U of T is way overrated as a university. Segregated graduations? It's racism, pure and simple.

You missed sexist. A friend's daughter was in the upper marks sector of an engineering course but got turfed when the course got overloaded. Lower ranked males got to stay. Isn't tenure great.

Black only ceremony? What if all blacks had to go to the black ceremony but were banned from the white one. Can minority Chinese grads go to the black ceremony?

How about a bash for a mature lesbian wheelchair-restricted Chinese grad?

Only the University of Twits could come up with a self imposed apartheid.

The University didn't come up with it...they bowed to a few black students. Bet the upper management didn't want bad publicity. Like how BLM held Pride hostage.

The University didn't come up with it...they bowed to a few black students. Bet the upper management didn't want bad publicity. Like how BLM held Pride hostage.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Burke.

God forbid these ppl we call adults or administrators actually have a spine to say NO to the kids.

I hope the white students do the same thing...precedents has been set and if UT bans the white students then they just setup a Human Rights case:lmao:
:kermit:

I didn't make the assumption of what color/race the professor in U of Alberta was, so a quick google search has confirmed. I can't say I was surprised.

https://www.ualberta.ca/arts/about/people-collection/malinda-s-smith

“It sends an important message that you can actually have a commitment to valuing diversity and a commitment to excellence at the same time,” she said.
“It also sends a message to the students in the university that the university values them.”

I mean, how many professors have they called at how many Universities? Surely a professor from half way across Canada didn't just randomly find out and decide to commend the University for the event.

Christ... "Shows that they have a commitment to diversity"

Back
Top Bottom