Where to get seat done for rat project? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to get seat done for rat project?

oomis

Site Supporter
I have a longstanding project I'm looking to get finished, but one outstanding thing is the seat. I'm not looking for anything complicated, but the seat has to be removeable or lift somehow because the bolts for the seat pan are right where the seat should be.

Anyone have any recommendations?

My first thought would be locating pins to keep seat from moving and magnets to hold it down. Are you looking for an upholsterer or fabricator (or both).

That's a really interesting idea - I'm going to noodle on that.

Ideally I'm looking for both. The solution doesn't have to be pretty, but I'd like it to be elegant. The rest of the bike is FAR from perfect, so I'm not looking for extreme craftsmanship, just a neat solution that isn't going to fall apart.

I know a guy whos Dad does custom stuff.He will be at the Vintage bicycle show this sunday in Brantford.Where are you?

Show is postponed till July 9th due to heavy rain.

Last edited:
Chunk of plywood, some foam, a piece of naugahyde and a stapler - mock up your own.
When you're happy with the results, THEN find a car upholsterer to make it for you.

vintage bicycle show...hmm.

Pics from last year.
Vintage%201_zpsqqbskkie.jpg

Vintage%202_zpshoxtaurc.jpg

Last edited:
I know a guy whos Dad does custom stuff.He will be at the Vintage bicycle show this sunday in Brantford.Where are you?

I'm in East York, but camping this weekend (as soon as this rain lets up). A bicycle seat guy would have all the skills, for sure. A seat is a seat...

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom