FAST school July 11th and 12th Phase 1and2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

FAST school July 11th and 12th Phase 1and2

Ethereal

Is anyone here attending the FAST school July 11th and 12th? Did a lap day June 8th with Riders Choice and now I am hooked!!!! May get a second set of tires. What do you guys prefer to run at Shannoville? Remember I do not use warmers and need to use them on the Street as well. I have the Battlax 21s and love them but you really need to lean hard to get them right over.

I only hear good things re:Q3's.
They may be going on my street bike once I wear out the current Michelins

Been looking at the Q3s. The Metzeler Racetec has me as well. Anyone used them yet?

Have you tried going with a 55 rear tire?

I am on my first set of S21's and i will definitely buy them again.
They feel planted when dragging knees.

Have you tried going with a 55 rear tire?

I am on my first set of S21's and i will definitely buy them again.
They feel planted when dragging knees.

I have Battlax 21s 180/55/17 already. I love them but they are not as good at extreme leans. They have a large contact patch on the top and a smaller one on the side given the shape. On my spirited rides am now finding the rear spinning out of the turns and I am not pushing hard. On the track get get real hot and do not have that same slip. But you must admit they lean in about 40degs pretty easy but anything past that you they need more rider input the other tires. They shape fights you past 40degs and the patch gets smaller. They are amazing tires and I will be getting another set as I have a track day and over 3000km on them and they look great. But I want try something more aggressive. What bike are you running yours on?

Also what PSI are your running. On Track I had 32 front 28 rear and they were perfect. Street I run 34 rear and 30-32 front

for non-race tires, Q3's are the popular choice, mostly due to great value in terms of price vs. performance. S20/21's as popular as well, Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsas (pricer), Superbike SP (SC is the race tire) pricer as well but probably the best grip out of all of them. Metzeler's are less popular, but they would be fine too. Any of them work fine really.

Regardless of what tire you are on, if you are not using warmers keep in mind the tires are cold when you first go out and take a while to warm up. FAST is 7 x 10 minute sessions. Hard to build heat in that time, but focus more on the riding lesson than the out right speed, in particular trail-breaking.

The 21s heated up in one lap on the long track. Why are Metzelers not that popular? Is it the price tag or their performance? This is my new drug and will sell TVs if I have to lol. Once I go warmer I would rather have a track only bike. But for now I do not have all the bad habbits most have formed from years of riding. Looking to learn it the right way from the start and from everyone I have talked too this school is just what I need to transfer my years of none motorcycle racing into applicable skills.

The 21s heated up in one lap on the long track. Why are Metzelers not that popular? Is it the price tag or their performance? This is my new drug and will sell TVs if I have to lol. Once I go warmer I would rather have a track only bike. But for now I do not have all the bad habbits most have formed from years of riding. Looking to learn it the right way from the start and from everyone I have talked too this school is just what I need to transfer my years of none motorcycle racing into applicable skills.
I have pirelli supercorsa sp v2 on my 750 and metzeler racetec k3 on my 600. Both work very well on track. I run in red.

I have Battlax 21s 180/55/17 already. I love them but they are not as good at extreme leans. They have a large contact patch on the top and a smaller one on the side given the shape. On my spirited rides am now finding the rear spinning out of the turns and I am not pushing hard. On the track get get real hot and do not have that same slip. But you must admit they lean in about 40degs pretty easy but anything past that you they need more rider input the other tires. They shape fights you past 40degs and the patch gets smaller. They are amazing tires and I will be getting another set as I have a track day and over 3000km on them and they look great. But I want try something more aggressive. What bike are you running yours on?

To be honest, compared to the Michelin PP3's that i had last year, the S21's are so much better. I easily hit between 51 - 53 degrees on the street.

The bike is a CBR1000rr.

There's the new Q3 plus that Dunlop came out with this year. Might want to do some research on those.

Q3s may be the best option given the price point. As for the 21s I wonder if your 190s are the same shape as my 180s. Possible yours could have a slight bit better shape given the the extra width. How has your ware been on the 21s? How much life are you getting?

Shape should be the same. I dont see why it would be different. Yes they would be wider ofcourse

I just got the S21's this year so cant really comment on wear and life.

The other thing you might want to look into is getting your suspension setup for your weight. This made a huge difference for me.

I have heard great things about this school and their techniques. A plus for any age and experience. @fastridingschool #fastridingschool

Last edited:
Q3s may be the best option given the price point. As for the 21s I wonder if your 190s are the same shape as my 180s. Possible yours could have a slight bit better shape given the the extra width. How has your ware been on the 21s? How much life are you getting?
180/55, 190/55, 180/60. The rear ride height goes up in that order. Quicker steering less stability.

Best to call and inquire over the phone.

There are always cancellations, but they aren't great about updating the website.

I called to book every phase over the phone last year and got in to every date I wanted despite it being "sold out" online.

Back
Top Bottom