Hello from new female rider | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello from new female rider

Msquared

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm a new female rider. I've been riding dirt bikes since I was a teen and finally decided to get on the street. Got my M2 in April/17 and I ride a Ducati Monster 696.

I got my bike in May and I think Ive put over 1000km on it so far. I ride north, west and east. My life is now amazing lol

I had my heart set on an R3 but my friends who ride were suggesting I don't go any lower than 600cc. I look cute on an R3 lol

I settled on the Monster. I love my bike.
I ride all the time so I hope to ride with some of you soon!
I'm new on the street so any advice is greatly appreciated.

PS. Cabbies are the worse!

Marini (known as M to my friends)

Last edited:
Welcome - I ride a naked bike as a street bike as well and came from a dirt bike background, I am actually doing a lot of dirt riding these days.

Enjoy the ride! If you need routes to ride up north, day rides and even south in PA feel free to PM

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm a new female rider. I've been riding dirt bikes since I was a teen and finally decided to get on the street. Got my M2 in April/17 and I ride a Ducati Monster 696.

I got my bike in May and I think Ive put over 1000km on it so far. I ride north, west and east. My life is now amazing lol

I had my heart set on an R3 but my friends who ride were suggesting I don't go any lower than 600cc. I look cute on an R3 lol

I settled on the Monster. I love my bike.
I ride all the time so I hope to ride with some of you soon!
I'm new on the street so any advice is greatly appreciated.

PS. Cabbies are the worse!

Marini (known as M to my friends)

Welcome, that's one sweet bike you have. Ride safe and enjoy

Your friends don't know what they are saying if they said you have to go 600cc or bigger, so the R3 would have been more than fine as a first bike. That said, the Monster is also a great choice, and fairly safe as far as 600cc bikes go (as it isn't a supersport).

Welcome, and remember, rubber side down, always.

word of advice, ride cautiously around intersections(lights or no lights)

thats where the danger lies.

Beware of the left turners, and wear some high Vis gear

Welcome. As already stated, the 300 would have been a good choice. At least you know the mechanics of riding, so you need to get experience riding with traffic. +1 to bigpoppa comments.

Welcome to the forum!

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Welcome - I ride a naked bike as a street bike as well and came from a dirt bike background, I am actually doing a lot of dirt riding these days.

Enjoy the ride! If you need routes to ride up north, day rides and even south in PA feel free to PM

I looked at CBR and I've ridden Gixxers but the Monster felt so nice.
Let's ride soon!

Welcome. As already stated, the 300 would have been a good choice. At least you know the mechanics of riding, so you need to get experience riding with traffic. +1 to bigpoppa comments.

Thanks. I rode the Repsol 300 and it was nice but I do like my bike. I'm building up seat time.

word of advice, ride cautiously around intersections(lights or no lights)

thats where the danger lies.

Beware of the left turners, and wear some high Vis gear

Thank you. I'm quickly learning about the left turners lol

I have all black gear (I know for looks) I'm looking into getting reflective vests to go on top of my gear.
Is that ok?

Thank you. I'm quickly learning about the left turners lol

I have all black gear (I know for looks) I'm looking into getting reflective vests to go on top of my gear.
Is that ok?
I have an all black jacket, it claims its got reflective strips but its garbage, i just bought a really bright neon underarmor t shirt i throw on top of it.

I chuckle when i see dudes on their all black bikes, with black helmet, black gear riding at night

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom