Hello from new female rider | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello from new female rider

Can't say how sore road rash is, (I always rode fully geared up), BUT I can tell you, the broken clavicle and ankle I got last year after being hit by a goose, are still a MAJOR issue, as are the injuries suffered when I was hit by a sport bike on the 401, three years ago.

As an ex copper, I can tell you DEFINITELY consider road riding like a game. Your goal is to survive, EVERYONE else's goal is to kill or maim you. Hi Vis gear does help IF they are looking and paying attention, (which are very few, but those aren't the ones you need to worry about). The BEST weapon YOU have to help achieve your goal is your mind and your skills. If your super tired, or in a bad mood, (Ex has just ****** you off yet again, hence the term ex..LOL), then do yourself a favour and leave the bike parked.

Consider this, if a cager pulls a left turn in front of you and your not at all hurt, or your seriously injured, or your killed the charge for them is exactly the same. Improper left turn. $110 and 2 demerit points and they are on their way.

Ride safe, protect yourself and your skin, (it is irreplaceable).

My instructor showed me their scars from road rash. They said the hurt is up there with broken bones.
I'm going to wear protective and reflective gear while getting my seat time.

Can't say how sore road rash is, (I always rode fully geared up), BUT I can tell you, the broken clavicle and ankle I got last year after being hit by a goose, are still a MAJOR issue, as are the injuries suffered when I was hit by a sport bike on the 401, three years ago.

As an ex copper, I can tell you DEFINITELY consider road riding like a game. Your goal is to survive, EVERYONE else's goal is to kill or maim you. Hi Vis gear does help IF they are looking and paying attention, (which are very few, but those aren't the ones you need to worry about). The BEST weapon YOU have to help achieve your goal is your mind and your skills. If your super tired, or in a bad mood, (Ex has just ****** you off yet again, hence the term ex..LOL), then do yourself a favour and leave the bike parked.

Consider this, if a cager pulls a left turn in front of you and your not at all hurt, or your seriously injured, or your killed the charge for them is exactly the same. Improper left turn. $110 and 2 demerit points and they are on their way.

Ride safe, protect yourself and your skin, (it is irreplaceable).

Those are all good points. I definitely will ride like I'm invisible. It's always a learning experience every time I'm out riding.

I got a riding vest and you can see me miles away so that's a start.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Thank you. I'm quickly learning about the left turners lol

I have all black gear (I know for looks) I'm looking into getting reflective vests to go on top of my gear.
Is that ok?

That is what I have. Bought a cool reflective vest on Amazon, was around $70 though

Anyone riding this evening? Weather looks like it will be good .. I am at Bayview 401 open to suggestions for a meet tonight .

Anyone riding this evening? Weather looks like it will be good .. I am at Bayview 401 open to suggestions for a meet tonight .

Ahoy,

I'm at Don Mills/Sheppard and i just took a ride downtown and back. If the weathers nice i'm always down for jaunt.

Hi to the OP and welcome!

I just bought my first bike ('15 R3) after a road trip to Thailand. Really got the juices flowing :)

Back
Top Bottom