The End Is Nigh for the Ducati 1299 Panigale | GTAMotorcycle.com

The End Is Nigh for the Ducati 1299 Panigale

and replacing it with a V4

Man, they're gonna double their profits on Desmo belt sales. Bon-journo!

Yep, if only the electric vehicle infrastructure can catch up
this is the biggest problem in canada.. if you want to go outside of the GTA you are SOL for a charging station.

Me and a couple friends were just talking about them (while sitting on the beach in cuba 3 weeks ago) and i just couldnt get on board because of the lack of charging stations. i live in barrie and sure day to day use ide be fine..there is a quick charge station 2 blocks from my office which is also about 3 blocks from my house. but the problem is if i were to go to my cottage i have to pay $3 delivery fee for electricity for every $1 of power with no other options around. (or fire up the gas generator LoL)

besides this...i need my truck..i have no idea how people survive with compact cars..i just couldnt do it.

this is the biggest problem in canada.. if you want to go outside of the GTA you are SOL for a charging station.

Don't mention that in the electric vehicle thread in the romper room...

I don't mean to take this thread too far off track but if you guys want to look into a really cool high performance electric bike platform google Alta who produces the redshift mx bike. This thing is the real deal and is competitive with it's gas competition. I'm not ready for electric anything but eventually there is some cool stuff coming.

Don't mention that in the electric vehicle thread in the romper room...

I don't mean to take this thread too far off track but if you guys want to look into a really cool high performance electric bike platform google Alta who produces the redshift mx bike. This thing is the real deal and is competitive with it's gas competition. I'm not ready for electric anything but eventually there is some cool stuff coming.

i know people with teslas, and they love them but they only suit a certain lifestyle (right now). people boast about taking a road trip and seeing how far you can make it from one charging station to another...really? sounds more like clever marketing to me.
another pet peeve of mine is all the AI in cars..i know someone with blind spot sensors and parking sensors with autonomous braking and the car is all banged up...its only 1 year old, yes they are great driver aids and notifications but you can not rely on them, you have to be capable of driving.
soon there will be a few cars on the road that will have the auto drive features in canada...but really how long till everyone trusts it enough to buy into it(not this guy), and how long before people are actually willing to pony up for it and phase out their current models they just paid big bucks for?
there will have to be big kick backs to get everyone to wake up one day and say well lets crush my $50,000 truck for one that costs 90k and can drive itself.
bottom line is sensors fail, computers crash, batteries die.

maybe i just like gas and being able to actually control my own vehicle..but thats just me..

ok back on track..rant over.

I like gas powered vehicles and this talk of electric cars with all this ***** on them reminds me of that movie demolition man.....I'd be Denis Leary jacking Taco Bell living in the sewers : )

Just waiting for the Japanese Big Four fans to start criticizing the electric bikes for having no character.

Just waiting for the Japanese Big Four fans to start criticizing the electric bikes for having no character.

Wait dont you mean all the italian bike owners?

Look at any street corner and you see the truth. Drones texting on cellphones, faces slack, awaiting instructions from the social media conspiracy. Once the tech overlords bamboozle our patsy leaders into subsidizing autonomous vehicles (the real stumbling block, not batteries or range) then people will stream into EVs.

They will congratulate themselves on owing an appliance that matches their fridge, with all the seals of approval. Saving the world and justice for all through purchasing power. More eyeball time to caress Fakebook, less time for thinking. Drinking the verification can is less than a decade away, I expect. Let us enjoy the clattering contraptions while we may, gentlemen. Shine on, Ducati. Shine on, INSERT BRAND OF YOUR CHOICE.

Last edited:
Well said.

Look at any street corner and you see the truth. Drones texting on cellphones, faces slack, awaiting instructions from the social media conspiracy. Once the tech overlords bamboozle our patsy leaders into subsidizing autonomous vehicles (the real stumbling block, not batteries or range) then people will stream into EVs.

They will congratulate themselves on owing an appliance that matches their fridge, with all the seals of approval. Saving the world and justice for all through purchasing power. More eyeball time to caress Fakebook, less time for thinking. Drinking the verification can is less than a decade away, I expect. Let us enjoy the clattering contraptions while we may, gentlemen. Shine on, Ducati. Shine on, INSERT BRAND OF YOUR CHOICE.

Motorcycles are good at turning and so is GTAM. *wink*

Back
Top Bottom