Ride for Sught past locations | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ride for Sught past locations

timtune

Site Supporter
I was trying to figure out when I first attended RFS. The first two years I went it was in Fenelon Falls (1998 & 1999??). Following that it was in Collingwood for about 4-5 years.

Can anyone confirm the early Fenelon falls dates or the first year in Collingwood?

Thanks

It was in Fenlon Falls for a bunch of years up until 1997. In 1998 it was in Collingwood but was split into a few areas around town with a school bus portering folks around to the various sites. 1999-2003 it was at the GNE Fairgrounds outside of Collingwood near Stayner. 2002 being the infamous Mud for Sight! 2004-2008 it was in Trenton. 2009 it was back in Collingwood and again sort of split up with events at a few places around the town. 2010 was at Mosport. 2011-2013 was in Tudhope Park in Orillia. 2014 was at the Lindsay Exhibition Fairgrounds in Linday. 2015-present Ride for Sight was at the Fenlon Fairgrounds in Fenlon Falls.

We have had a blast the last few years in Fenlon! The weather hasn't been all that cooperative for us but it's got a great vibe and plenty of space for shenanigans and malarkey! Next year the 40th anniversary of Ride for Sight will be held in Fenlon Falls. You should be there with us!!!

Thanks Morrissey. I remember most of those venues but haven't been back to Fenelon Falls - quit doing RFS after the year they had nothing on Friday. Last few years we've been going to the CVMG National rally in Paris which falls on the same weekend. It's a whole different affair - no shenanigans and malarky - but that's ok.
Maybe next year for the 40th.....

This year was great, it's a shame the weather didn't cooperate. I'm sure a lot of people stayed away this year when they saw the forecast! We have a Friday night again, gates open at 3pm and there was live entertainment as well as our Friday night Foodies event where the food vendors each created a special dish for RFS that cost just $5. This year also saw the return of the "destination parade" as opposed to the "loop parade". We left from Stouffeville and rode about 90 min to Fenlon Falls.

We are already starting to plan for the 40th and we'd love to have you there!

Any demo rides on Friday? They're the fast ones actually worth taking.

Back
Top Bottom