Helmet Rental for MSF course? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Helmet Rental for MSF course?

CriticalCore

I've got my MSF M1 exit course coming up this week and haven't been able to find a place around around the Markham area yet where I could possibly rent a DOT approved helmet for the weekend, I don't want to drop cash on my ideal one yet, just something to get me through the weekend.

Thanks.

So buy a cheap half helmet for the course.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Zox. Size large Full face, inner tinted piece. Only used a dozen times before I bought a shoei.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Personally, I would never rent a helmet - if it was ever dropped it's potentially garbage that isn't going to protect your head, and likewise, if YOU drop it the person you are renting it from will probably not want it back for the same reason.

Check out the re-gear store in Oshawa. Bought some gear for my daughter there yesterday, some really nice stuff for extremely good prices right now. Tried to post what we got and the prices we paid but I keep getting a forum error - might be some sort of anti-spam countermeasures perhaps.

I have an HJC IS 17 Sparc you can have for $60
Has about 15hrs of use on it.
Blue/white/orange, Tinted drop down visor, sz M

Canadian tire sells decent helmets for dirt cheap.
this is exactly what i was going to say. as long as its DOT and you just want it for the course, they are fine.

once you get a bike go get yourself something a bit better...im a big fan of HJC for quality and price point..

Personally, I would never rent a helmet - if it was ever dropped it's potentially garbage that isn't going to protect your head, and likewise, if YOU drop it the person you are renting it from will probably not want it back for the same reason.
Normally I would completely agree with you in this regard, however, for the course, you never get out of second gear on small bikes. For this course a bicycle helmet would suffice, quite possibly a towel and duct tape would be adequate.

Normally I would completely agree with you in this regard, however, for the course, you never get out of second gear on small bikes. For this course a bicycle helmet would suffice, quite possibly a towel and duct tape would be adequate.
This is why I say cheap half helmet.
If they did fall, the speed would be something akin to a jog. And I don't see many helmets on joggers.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

I think that some of the MSF teachers would disagree. I saw one kid (who was playing boy racer) in my course who crashed in such a way that it was probably a good thing he was wearing a full face. Too bad it was a really nice one and he smacked it up.

But yeah, a cheap Canadian Tire fullface will suffice so long as it's DOT certified.

I think that some of the MSF teachers would disagree. I saw one kid (who was playing boy racer) in my course who crashed in such a way that it was probably a good thing he was wearing a full face. Too bad it was a really nice one and he smacked it up.

But yeah, a cheap Canadian Tire fullface will suffice so long as it's DOT certified.
Reading that made me laugh. How the hell do you do that at speeds that are hardly higher than a brisk jog?

Reading that made me laugh. How the hell do you do that at speeds that are hardly higher than a brisk jog?

I'm not sure what MSC you went to, or if you've ever been to one (the MSC test is far harder than the MTO version in case you're equating the two), but there's lots of times you are going far faster than a "brisk jog" - you'd fail several parts of the MSC version of the exit exam if that was all you could muster, for that matter.

And yeah, there was one overconfident boy racer type on one of the CBR125's at the MSC I was at who didn't follow the rules, was up into 4'th-5'th gear at one point, and on the morning of day 2 full on lowsided the bike after spiking the front brake in the corner of the range after realizing he was going too fast too late.

I was being facetious, wow you guys take things way too seriously. Yes I took the course a few years back now, but I don't remember being able to even get into 3rd gear on small displacement bikes.

Back
Top Bottom