Going to darkside | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Going to darkside

I dont think its the darkside, its just a different side for you. I've looked over the hedge, had a Goldwing, multiple Ducs, Bmw 's, street screaming two strokes .
In my little riding circle we have a street glide, a Vstrom and I usually ride a triumph mostly now. Nobody should care what you ride, just go for the ride.

Also Harley chrome and paint are impeccable when compared to Metric chromed plastic and plastic bodywork.

This x100. It's the small details and components that I don't like about the Japanese cruisers. Not that there is anything wrong with because there isn't but if you park Harley beside a Honda/Suzuki/whatever cruiser you can see the difference clearly. The wheels are another big thing for me, the stuff Harley comes with just looks quality.

I dont get the metric maniacs always bashin harley blah blah for me comes a time when I work hard for nice shiny expensive things so ya I could drive a MERCURY..... but I want ....and can afford....to drive a mercedes even if is inferior to the mercury and why would I go second rate and get a metric cruiser.
Try to convince your wife or gal to get that purse at winners instead of PRADA or KATE SPADE its not like the purse works any better but the name attached is KING.

I just made a similar jump getting an 03 softail fx with 7400 kms (in another thread). 8 grand got me the bike, extra pipes, bars, windshield, bags, and a nice brand new set of forward controls. I'm changing the tires and brake pads but even right now it rides like no other bike I've had, and that list is extensive. Still have my KLR too, but I can see being happy just with the harley. I'd say do it.

I just made a similar jump getting an 03 softail fx with 7400 kms (in another thread). 8 grand got me the bike, extra pipes, bars, windshield, bags, and a nice brand new set of forward controls. I'm changing the tires and brake pads but even right now it rides like no other bike I've had, and that list is extensive. Still have my KLR too, but I can see being happy just with the harley. I'd say do it.

Any sport/sporty bikes on that list?

interesting, so why do you like the harley over the rest? It cant be the performance?

interesting, so why do you like the harley over the rest? It cant be the performance?

It's Just different. I had some metric cruisers years ago too, and the harley just seems better built, less plastic-like too. It doesn't try to be anything else mostly. Handles very well for the type of bike that it is. I like the feel that you can just hang back, enjoy the ride and the engine feels like a motorcycle should. My 1100 Honda aero was very nice, but felt like a toy in comparison

Jeeps are pieces of pooh too. But people love them. Granted they do things very well but they also cost a lot to keep on the asphalt.

Harley is very much the same way.

Nothing wrong with Japanese offerings. Very good in fact. I've ridden many and enjoyed them.

HD still does it better IMO. Better for me.

I don't subscribe to the culture and dress like a pirate. But, I enjoy the ride.

Just me and the hog. It works. For others. It doesn't. For others it does.

Doesn't matter to me as long as you ride. The more the merrier. Too few of us to care.

Just don't be a dumb ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have scuffed and sagging abs but it has nothing to do with my motorcycle, more like just being a fat old guy. My wife still thinks I'm cool though if it counts.
Well done lol

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

What is it guys dont like about Japanese cruisers?

They work well and thus have no "character"????

I LOL'd, Riceburner. You win one internetz.

Also Harley chrome and paint are impeccable when compared to Metric chromed plastic and plastic bodywork.

Don't agree on the paint issue - I see zero difference between the Metrics and HD when it comes to the paint finish anywhere on the bike. Both are typically impeccable.

As for the Chrome vs plastic...well, fair comment, but there ARE advantages to the plastic chrome - it doesn't corrode, pit, or rust. One can leave "plastic chrome" out in the elements and neglect the crap out of it (not that I'm condoning that, but just saying) and it will easily wash up and polish with just a wipe to it's original gleam in just seconds. And most people can't identify as not being real chrome in the end. And it weighs a lot less as well.

On the flipside, you don't have to search Google very hard to find HD owners with all the aforementioned chrome issues.

Sooner or later you'll all be riding Harleys.

You see, it's that sort of attitude from Harley owners that drive me AWAY from Haryleys. I have some great riding buddies that ride HD's and I've nothing against the brand nor the "I don't care what you ride, lets just ride" type of HD owner (I've ridden countless awesome miles with them) (edit, Nakkers, you seem to have the right attitude, bravo), but when I pull into a big gathering somewhere and the "dressed head to toe in HD gear" herd are all crowded together around their gaggle of HD's while smack talking or turning up their noses at every other non HD in attendance, well, that's childish BS.

Ride whatever the hell you want to ride, but ride it for the right reasons (be it appearance, reliability, or affordability), not because "the cool kids" do it, or because "I'm all about the brand". The last two things seem to be very centric to the mindset of a large segment of Harley owners, and I've also noticed that the more an HD owner is absorbed in the "name" (IE, Harley clothing head to toe, giant HD logo on their vehicle, HD watch, cellphone case, keychain, "Harley Parking Only" sign in driveway at home, etc) is often (not always, but often) inversely proportional to the number of miles they actually ride in a year.

Lots of this segment are members of the Timmies Angels, their bikes averaging laughably few miles every year.

Hallelujah! Holy ****. Where's the Tylenol?

Last edited:
I LOL'd, Riceburner. You win one internetz.

Don't agree on the paint issue - I see zero difference between the Metrics and HD when it comes to the paint finish anywhere on the bike. Both are typically impeccable.

As for the Chrome vs plastic...well, fair comment, but there ARE advantages to the plastic chrome - it doesn't corrode, pit, or rust. One can leave "plastic chrome" out in the elements and neglect the crap out of it (not that I'm condoning that, but just saying) and it will easily wash up and polish with just a wipe to it's original gleam in just seconds. And most people can't identify as not being real chrome in the end. And it weighs a lot less as well.

On the flipside, you don't have to search Google very hard to find HD owners with all the aforementioned chrome issues.

You see, it's that sort of attitude from Harley owners that drive me AWAY from Haryleys. I have some great riding buddies that ride HD's and I've nothing against the brand nor the "I don't care what you ride, lets just ride" type of HD owner (I've ridden countless awesome miles with them) (edit, Nakkers, you seem to have the right attitude, bravo), but when I pull into a big gathering somewhere and the "dressed head to toe in HD gear" herd are all crowded together around their gaggle of HD's while smack talking or turning up their noses at every other non HD in attendance, well, that's childish BS.

Ride whatever the hell you want to ride, but ride it for the right reasons (be it appearance, reliability, or affordability), not because "the cool kids" do it, or because "I'm all about the brand". The last two things seem to be very centric to the mindset of a large segment of Harley owners, and I've also noticed that the more an HD owner is absorbed in the "name" (IE, Harley clothing head to toe, giant HD logo on their vehicle, HD watch, cellphone case, keychain, "Harley Parking Only" sign in driveway at home, etc) is often (not always, but often) inversely proportional to the number of miles they actually ride in a year.

Lots of this segment are members of the Timmies Angels, their bikes averaging laughably few miles every year.

Last line made me spit lemonade... out my nose.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

No but seriously, you will.

Im going to be the first guy to ride a harley in all dianese and a full face helmet, i wonder if i will get waves from the pirate crowd or not

Wifey has a heritage softail and i've got the street glide special. Few folks claim the RK get's really uncomfortable after a while. Our 2014 HS is very smooth and good looking . The HS is very nice and easy to ride and everything is in the right place for ease of use. You can take the windshield off and rip around town but beware, a sport bike guy on that bike will surely scrape the floorboards.

Back
Top Bottom