Going to darkside | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Going to darkside

I rode a cruiser for a week and then sold it. Funniest week of my life. Ground the pegs off it. Scraped and scratched the exhaust. Road in full sport gear. It was all just so wrong. I don't know what makes sportbike guys sportbike guys and cruiser guys cruiser guys, but that week solidified to me that there are two separate camps and lines that can't be crossed. There are so many other alternatives for ex sportbike riders these days that I wonder why anyone would go to the darkside.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I rode a cruiser for a week and then sold it. Funniest week of my life. Ground the pegs off it. Scraped and scratched the exhaust. Road in full sport gear. It was all just so wrong. I don't know what makes sportbike guys sportbike guys and cruiser guys cruiser guys, but that week solidified to me that there are two separate camps and lines that can't be crossed. There are so many other alternatives for ex sportbike riders these days that I wonder why anyone would go to the darkside.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Have you tried a Sport Touring bike? Maybe that would be the sweet spot for you...

I am able to ride longer on my Bandit than I ever did on my old CB 750 and more this year with the Sargent seat in place instead of the diabolical stock seat. Just the same I seek more comfort and longer trips. I can see myself trying a touring bike for a season or 2. Not sure whether I would go metric or HD. I would miss the relative lightness of the Bandit though.

As a 2 stroke owner I've never heard of 2 strokes referred to as "the darkside". "Darkside" with regard to motorcycles always means running a car tire on the rear.

I first heard "going to the darkside" from some 2s vrra guys.
never knew it was for runnin a car tire. Im thinking your going to darkside car tire has probably been used for longer.
two stroke dirt bike guys also call 2 strokes the dark side.

few examples here https://www.google.ca/search?q=dark...ome..69i57.15422j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

hows that firecracker RS125, are you runnin it this summer?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom