Watched a dude on black bike bump start blue Gixxer on the Gard Expressway - cool | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Watched a dude on black bike bump start blue Gixxer on the Gard Expressway - cool

actually, the vid shows a gal who doesn't know much about what she is doing along with you yet a again shooting off your mouth about something that you either haven't done much or know little about

roadgoast answered your post & is right on the money

If the bike is properly maintained and the operator knows what he's doing there won't be a problem. But yeah, it's true that a stiff backfire can do damage, usually happens to someone like the girl in that video.

Yep, first bike that ever tried to separate my leg from my body was a late 60's Suzuki. I was a kid, I used to lean it up against the shed so that I could stand on the kickstart and then heave down on it, but one day it nearly put me on the roof of the shed.

Here's a good video showing why a big Vtwin is a ***** to start with a kickstart.

[video=youtube;WuYzDuHq2vI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuYzDuHq2vI[/video]

first you started with this bs that has been covered yet you continue with more bs kickstarting info

Unless the engine has a compression release or the kickstart had gearing, trying to kick start a big V-Twin would be dangerous at worst (kickback could shatter your leg in the snap of a finger), but difficult to near impossible at best.

Last edited:
I tend to do some basic maintenence, saves pushing

Get out of here with your common sense.... we do not like your kind around here boy.

OP - cool story bro

I thought this was going to be a racist thread.

P.S That guy over me is angry! someone ate his cheerios

Last edited:
Guess benefit of smaller lighter bikes (than cruisers) -- I've had to push start my old CBR250RA once as well as my CBR650FA. Just got up to a jogging-to-running pace alongside the bike, and dropped the clutch in 1st (2nd for the 250)...as soon as the engine catches, clutch back in, shift to neutral, and hop on the bike.

I had to do that exact same thing (also on same bike) in the parking lot of the drive test centre to take my M2 exit test (with the instructor waiting for me) because I had my tail bag on and am too fat these days to jump over that. Thing is I had to actually give it gas to keep going, otherwise it would stall as soon as it would catch so was pretty much expecting the type of thing you see on Youtube videos to happen where the bike would shoot off either out of my grip or dragging me along with it.

Back
Top Bottom