Just signed up, from Scarborough | GTAMotorcycle.com

Just signed up, from Scarborough

waitin4BOOST

Hi, just thought I should introduce myself.

I'm a fairly new (mature) rider acquired my M2 in 2015 but didn't really start riding until last year. Started off on my brothers CBR125 beat that around for 5-6 weeks commuting to work until I couldn't stand how slow and twitchy that bike can be. Then picked up an '09 Triumph Daytona 675 (loved the engine note and linear band) pretty mechanically inclined, I've already tore down the triple this past spring to do shims, plugs, throttle bodies, brakes, fastener tq check, etc. etc. so hit me with any questions re: the 675. Looking to come out to a meet if time permits, perhaps a motosocial event....curious to see what that is about.

Safe riding everyone!

must be hella mature to afford the ins on that daytona as a new rider

Welcome to the forum!

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

My insurance is actually pretty good @ 37 with 2yrs of M2, I don't want to say what it is.... because then the R6, 6R, RR, GSXR riders will want to jump on Daytonas and wreck the great price I'm getting lol The image of Triumph in these kids minds are that of a putt-putt classic, I want to keep it that way lol

Thank you all for the welcome

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Welcome! I also just got a used 07 daytona this season. I love it so much but the only thing I can't stand is how hot it gets around my legs. I don't know if you are having the same problem but after about 40 mins or so on it I can barely grab the tank with my legs because my knees start to burn. My engine temp gauge shows about 6 bars and I read that they typically get hot like that but I feel foolish when I'm stopped and I have to waft my knees to cool them off lol.

Anyway I like the insurance rate I got with mine too. I've always wanted to own this bike since I started riding, but I also got my M last year so maybe that helped too.

Welcome, i love the daytonas, I own one as well but mine is a little older. Ride safe

Unfortunately these bikes do get hot, I've read tons and tons over at the triumph675 forums about this and its normal. Since these are pretty much race bikes they belong on the track with constant stream of cooling versus street riding. As long as you are anything below 7bars its quite normal, during those 30-35C days my bike was max 7 bars. Do keep an eye on the temps tho, I've read temp sensors going bad giving a false reading or the fan not kicking in ( fan kicks in around 6-7 bars)

Try thermal wrapping the exhaust, I did mine this spring and I think helps a bit...instead of it being blistering hot now its just super hot lol Don't worry I was flapping my legs too during those hot ***** days, on the flip side spring and fall riding is quite comfy with the heat lol

i2xNLg5.jpg

Daytona may not be the most comfortable bike, but they are lots of fun...I jumped on my friends SV650 the other day and all I can say the Daytona spoils you big time with power, dynamics and agility; yeah I know...a poor comparison, but I don't know any other SS riders. Another complaint other than the heat, its the clutch! Its pretty tight, reminds me of driving the old cable clutches but with your freakin hand! Just to confirm that its just not my bike, I went to GP Bikes and grabbed all the other Daytona clutches and they were the same! 1 more minor gripe, the seat is terrible...

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! L&L, motosocial or Thursday rides with Brian P are great ways to meet other riders and socialize.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My insurance is actually pretty good @ 37 with 2yrs of M2, I don't want to say what it is.... because then the R6, 6R, RR, GSXR riders will want to jump on Daytonas and wreck the great price I'm getting lol The image of Triumph in these kids minds are that of a putt-putt classic, I want to keep it that way lol

Thank you all for the welcome

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Perhaps you could PM me who you have your insurance with, I'd love to take advantage of a great rate when my renewal comes up.

Back
Top Bottom