Canada Post | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canada Post

In 2016 Parliament sat for 121 days. Many MP's were missing 60, 70, 80 up to 94 absences. If you or I showed up to work 25% of the time how long do you think we would keep our jobs?

According to CTV Trudeau's attendance record is 40%

Winning!

Easy there, got to give them room for improvement...the plan should take about 3-4 years to implement...by then a new election and the clock starts again.:D

It's ok. My little brother works at C.P. As long as he's there, their business will continue to grow.

I don't disbelieve the stories here, but I don't think I've had a problem with Canada Post at any address I've lived at. Maybe a letter was a little slow once or twice

In 2016 Parliament sat for 121 days. Many MP's were missing 60, 70, 80 up to 94 absences. If you or I showed up to work 25% of the time how long do you think we would keep our jobs?

I generally wouldn't call Canadian government efficient, but their job entails more than sitting in a room yelling at each other

figures & speaks volumes

We've lived at the same address for coming up on 20 years. Always had a superbox.

Service over those 20 years has ranged from excellent, to terrible. The problem is (as I understand it) that CP has contracted out a lot of their superbox delivery routes, so quite often the commitment level of the employees are not the same, so you end up with lousy results.

About 5 or 6 years ago I was buying a lot of stuff online for a hobby and my deliveries got so bad that I actually filed several formal complaints. Deliveries that had been scanned as "delivered" but never showed up (or ended up at the postal outlet instead despite saying they had been delivered to my door), as well as receiving "last notice" alerts (threatening to return the parcel to sender) not having ever received a first (much less a second) delivery notice to begin with. I was wondering where the heck my parcels were, and meanwhile they'd been sitting at the postal outlet for 2 weeks waiting for me to pick them up - I of course had zero indication they were even there.

Thankfully whoever that particular driver was must have eventually got fired as the service improved dramatically one day. The last few years have been good.

Thankfully whoever that particular driver was must have eventually got fired as the service improved dramatically one day. The last few years have been good.

Promoted to management no doubt.

I don't disbelieve the stories here, but I don't think I've had a problem with Canada Post at any address I've lived at. Maybe a letter was a little slow once or twice

I generally wouldn't call Canadian government efficient, but their job entails more than sitting in a room yelling at each other

agree with both points, never had an issue with CP as far as receiving packages,
I prefer the delivery card and go to the post office routine to what the private couriers offer,
and for shipping they are my first choice, convenient and affordable

yup, MP's have many duties that are more important than being on cable TV in the red room ***** fest,
if there's a vote the party whip will let them know if they need to attend to support or defeat the bill

CP is my go to service for parcels and such, hands down. They are by far the most affordable and generally effecient and on-time services. Unfortunately the last mile carriers in residential delivery services seem to be the weak link in the chain.

I often get the delivery slip put in the group mailbox down the street with a time/date stamped on it that they attempted delivery. Apparently they don't realize a lot of people have cameras at their front doors that get activated when people come. After noticing fresh overnight snow had no footsteps in it from the mailman's attempted delivery I realized they were just too lazy to do door-to-door parcel delivery and were just dropping everything off at the local postal outlet for people to come pick it up on their own.

No, this is simply not true. Delivery is done by CP employees.

Also incorrect.

via Tapatalk
Then how come no uniform?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

When did it change from contracts/bids to Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier employee?

edit****

Nevermind found this:
For many years, RSMCs were considered “contractors” rather than employees, which meant that they had no rights, no benefits and inferior working conditions. RSMCs were often told to accept a contract for less money or else they would lose their route and their job. After they deducted their expenses from their earnings, many earned minimum wage or less.

Things changed for the better on September 30, 2003, when RSMCs ratified a collective agreement making them CUPW members with rights.

This agreement came into effect on January 1, 2004 as an eight-year contract with 're-openers' every two years, allowing Canada Post and CUPW to negotiate steady improvements based on a net increase of $652 million during the eight years.

but then also this:
Jim Steeves‎ to Canada Post
7 July 2016 ·
I did the job of a rural and suburban mail carrier for 2 years. I was paid an annual pay of $37000 for 37.5 hours per week. I usually worked 52+ hours per week with no OT. I had to find my own replacement for vacation and pay them. I had no pension, no benefits and no uniforms. I had to buy a minivan for my job and pay for my gas out of my salary. I had to pay for all repairs and maintenance out of my salary.
That should explain why I no longer work for Canada Post
RSMC's are under appreciated and underpaid. They should receive the same hourly rate as other mail carriers and all the same benefits plus car and gas allowances.
doesn't sound like an employee to me.

Last edited:
Then how come no uniform?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app
Beats me. The employee chooses not to wear, even though it's required.

When did it change from contracts/bids to Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier employee?

I do not know. Delivery may be by urban letter carrier or RSMC.

via Tapatalk

RSMC(Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier) is who does the superbox deliveries. Sounds like a contract position to me.

RSMC(Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier) is who does the superbox deliveries. Sounds like a contract position to me.
Sorry, not true. CMBs (community mail boxes, or "superboxes" as you call them) can be delivered by RSMCs or urban letter carriers.

While the RSMCs may receive a rotten deal from Canada Post, they are paid by Canada Post, not a third party. Indeed, RSMCs are employees of Canada Post.

via Tapatalk

...... Indeed, RSMCs are employees of Canada Post.

The point is that they are "technically", but the "contracts" are pretty low to expect the best.

and mostly I've seen RSMCs in the burbs with their own vehicles, not urban carriers in uniform and a postal vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom