Share your fail stories of newbies starting on supersports | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Share your fail stories of newbies starting on supersports

I dont mind being called a noob, I dont take it as an insult, i've been riding for about 12 years, but just started riding dirt this year, also just started riding track last year so im still a noob when it comes to those 2, I also dont go giving people advice on track riding or dirt riding.

I dont know why noobs are so eager to start giving others advice, do you think you will get lots of respect? people will think you are a better rider? you think you figured out riding by watching youtube videos made by other noobs disguised at motovloggers? what you are doing half the time is misinforming other noobs

You said it yourself, the qualified members rarely do offer advice. So then what's the point of a discussion forum if no one speaks up? I understand the point of giving misinformed advice. Then let's discuss and correct it, rather than give up and give in to noob bashing.

Friend of mine started on a ZX9 and he learned quite fast and was competent. The newb he sold it to was not so lucky and threw it down the 401 in his first week of riding (misjudged a "turn" on the 401 and slid it into the centre median).

Friend of mine started on a ZX9 and he learned quite fast and was competent. The newb he sold it to was not so lucky and threw it down the 401 in his first week of riding (misjudged a "turn" on the 401 and slid it into the centre median).

"was going to fast man, had to lay her down!"

A member here I know, started on a ZX9, wiped out going too fast in a corner, and it spooked him. He got a smaller bike, a ZX6R, but never regained nerve for cornering. On on ramps, he would fall so far behind that I would be getting ready to circle back to find him.

I think starting on a smaller bike where a small oops results in less carnage would have helped him.

A member here I know, started on a ZX9, wiped out going too fast in a corner, and it spooked him. He got a smaller bike, a ZX6R, but never regained nerve for cornering. On on ramps, he would fall so far behind that I would be getting ready to circle back to find him.

I think starting on a smaller bike where a small oops results in less carnage would have helped him.
more common than the below....

Friend of mine started on a ZX9 and he learned quite fast and was competent. .....

Saw a girl drop her bike 13x (!!!) in the M1-M2 Course... astonishing...
Most reputable schools would ask her to leave. After the 3rd or 4th drop by one girl in my course they asked her to leave.
Can lowered bikes be insured?

I've heard opinions that lowering a bike will void your insurance with at least some companies.
Any company I've asked says no. Most people don't ask or don't tell.

I dont mind being called a noob, I dont take it as an insult,
Why anyone thinks noob is an insult is beyond me. The kids spout that like it's a racial slur on online gaming as well and I never get it. I usually just reply with, "Yes, I am new. So were you at some point."

You can ask, suggest etc. Unless she is a danger you can't make her leave.

One course I taught a student dropped the CBR so many times I got tired righting it back up. After the 6th time I didn't rush. He would wobble into a stop, be slow on getting a foot down, lose confidence and hop off, just letting it drop. I tried to "gently" remind him that riding isn't for everyone but this guy was determined to finish. He dropped it again during the first part of the test and only then could we say he was done for the weekend.

You can ask, suggest etc. Unless she is a danger you can't make her leave.

One course I taught a student dropped the CBR so many times I got tired righting it back up. After the 6th time I didn't rush. He would wobble into a stop, be slow on getting a foot down, lose confidence and hop off, just letting it drop. I tried to "gently" remind him that riding isn't for everyone but this guy was determined to finish. He dropped it again during the first part of the test and only then could we say he was done for the weekend.
Before the third drop the Co ordinator should be called in, unless the instructor believes there were extenuating circumstances.
Each drop requires paperwork to be signed by the dropper and the instructor.
Their test sheet would end up with a wall of text in the comments section, to advise themselves and future instructors of the issues.
The CO might take them aside and try and get them back on track with some one-on-one to rejoin the group later on.
If they're dropping the bike too much, the loss of control endangers other students, and that is definitely cause for removal from the class.

We did talk to him, and did all the paperwork. Don't worry. He was bound and determined to get his money's worth. I never witnessed anyone else in danger, other than his ego as most of them were near stationary.

Started on a gixxer 600 as a newbie since during the motorcycle course i'd crash on all the smaller bikes (cbr 125, 250, etc) until I got a hyusong 250R - Massive bike seemed like the same size of a 600. Anyways all went well into my riding years until a friend got into riding and asked me to take his cbr 125 to the nearest bike shop to get it safetied. You can guess what happened ;)

All I got from by friend was "I don't get it, you ride a 600 but then you crashed my 125??" :D

Started on a gixxer 600 as a newbie since during the motorcycle course i'd crash on all the smaller bikes (cbr 125, 250, etc) until I got a hyusong 250R - Massive bike seemed like the same size of a 600. Anyways all went well into my riding years until a friend got into riding and asked me to take his cbr 125 to the nearest bike shop to get it safetied. You can guess what happened ;)

All I got from by friend was "I don't get it, you ride a 600 but then you crashed my 125??" :D
The size of the Hyosung was pretty much their only selling feature.

I started on a big heavy 500cc scooter, then jumped on a 600cc SS, doing fine ever since.

I remember when motorcyclists were bada$sez.................now its all insurance talk and how much gear can I pile on myself at once without falling over.

no one guarantees you make it to retirement, or even to next week, if you want it, and can afford it then go for it, live a little

I know quite a few people who RODE supersports and now have a scooter club... but ARE riding like badasses... hahah... Insurance may have played a factor...

I saw a guy ride away with the rear stand today, still attached to his bike like he just jumped on went for it. Luckily he noticed in about 30-40 feet before things got messy.

I know quite a few people who RODE supersports and now have a scooter club... but ARE riding like badasses... hahah... Insurance may have played a factor...

Hasn't the injury rate increased as well?

Back
Top Bottom