Share your fail stories of newbies starting on supersports | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Share your fail stories of newbies starting on supersports

油井緋色;2503996 said:
Shifting, yes. Braking depends on your skill level but I can't see how anyone would aggressively trail brake on ramps without safety concerns lol

Well then it sounds like you have a lot more to learn.

just remembered another one:

dude down the street started on a zx6r and a year later upgraded to a ZX10R without putting any wear on the outside 2" of the tire, when I asked him how he like the ZX10 he said : "its a great bike, I just need to put a 10" stretch on it to help settle the front end" couldn't help but chuckle

it really seems hit and miss sometimes.. .I know a noob rider (45yrs+) 1 month old M1 licence on a GSXR750 and he's paying $1300 / yr!!!!! Downtown Toronto. I am like "WTF???!!"

Whos he with? I wouldnt mind paying that, paying almost the same for a FZ6R because I couldnt get a decent quote on an R6.

Posted this elsewhere but coworker brought his brand new, lowered R6 to work a while back. Told me to take it for a rip. Didn't really want to as the last time I rode a sportbike, I kept stalling it, but that was before I had starting riding regularly.
So I decided wtf and hopped on. 2 gears and 150km/h later in the back of the work parking lot and I almost $#!+ myself. Say what you want, but I am a slow and steady type of guy.
Rolled it back to him, and got back on my Shadow and did 70 the whole way home.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

But, but...why? That's a fail story in itself.

Can lowered bikes be insured?

I've heard opinions that lowering a bike will void your insurance with at least some companies.

Can lowered bikes be insured?

I've heard opinions that lowering a bike will void your insurance with at least some companies.

But, but...why? That's a fail story in itself.
Pretty sure that they can be. Accelerated Technologies does custom lowering where there redo everything so it handles great

Reason is he is plagued with shortlegitis. As am I.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

it really seems hit and miss sometimes.. .I know a noob rider (45yrs+) 1 month old M1 licence on a GSXR750 and he's paying $1300 / yr!!!!! Downtown Toronto. I am like "WTF???!!"

It's the age that could get you a better rate as you are "less stupid" than a 20/30 y/o rider.

Is he married? Kids? Another vehicle? Combined property insurance?

As I do all of the above, I pay $90.58mo for my RSV4 RR

Too many 40+ been watching sons of anarchy it seems

Heeeey I've watched that show! What are you implying? *scoffs

Bruh, I been riding for a decade and I can't get that rate

Grow older, marry, get a few kids, do a cleanse, rain dance a few times a week, eat your veggies, don't do drugs, pray to Jeebus, then maybe.

Or just call my insurance guy, unbeatable rates ;)

Whos he with? I wouldnt mind paying that, paying almost the same for a FZ6R because I couldnt get a decent quote on an R6.

I've heard Wawanesa has good rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had scary moments starting out on a CBR125 like rev matching into first, dropping the clutch during a turn, stomped too much rear brake, grabbed too much front brake....all good times lol Can't imagine doing any of that on a SS, most likely end up on someones youtube fail compilation!

I did see a squid (t-shirt, shorts, jordans) on a gixxer the other day, he stalled on a left, then started back up, rev'd it and wobbled through the turn? like his throttle was all over the place....I'm surprised he didn't go down, it looked straight out of an Isle of Mann clip lol

RSV4 RR is a sexy bike, sexy price tag too....insurance wreckers can't afford that sexiness lol

All State. First broker he said it couldn't be done. He found another one from who wasn't a lazy ***, and said he would have to check with Head office, and he did , and he got the rate he was quoted.

It's the age that could get you a better rate as you are "less stupid" than a 20/30 y/o rider.

Is he married? Kids? Another vehicle? Combined property insurance?

As I do all of the above, I pay $90.58mo for my RSV4 RR

Single, rents a condo, 1 minor ticket.

Most of them end up off topic, or with noobs who just cant wait to give someone else advice, kinda sad because very few of the members that are qualified to give advice do.

i was kinda looking forward to reading some funny stories, i guess not.
What happened to the good old days?? Lets get Bibo back in here

Last edited:
Most of them end up off topic, or with noobs who just cant wait to give someone else advice, kinda sad because very few of the members that are qualified to give advice do.

i was kinda looking forward to reading some funny stories, i guess not.
What happened to the good old days?? Lets get Bibo back in here
Probably because the noobs now are better informed than the noobs in 'the good old days'. That and because super sports are no longer as desirable as they used to be.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Probably because the noobs now are better informed than the noobs in 'the good old days'. That and because super sports are no longer as desirable as they used to be.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

noobs always think they are well informed when they are regurgitating information they just read an hour ago

noobs always think they are well informed when they are regurgitating information they just read an hour ago

Noobs always think others are noobs

I dont mind being called a noob, I dont take it as an insult, i've been riding for about 12 years, but just started riding dirt this year, also just started riding track last year so im still a noob when it comes to those 2, I also dont go giving people advice on track riding or dirt riding.

I dont know why noobs are so eager to start giving others advice, do you think you will get lots of respect? people will think you are a better rider? you think you figured out riding by watching youtube videos made by other noobs disguised at motovloggers? what you are doing half the time is misinforming other noobs

Back
Top Bottom