2018 MotoGP Silly Season (including Moto2 and Moto3) | GTAMotorcycle.com

2018 MotoGP Silly Season (including Moto2 and Moto3)

Chaos

It won't be an eventful MotoGP silly season as the big teams/riders are all set, but the maneuvering in Moto2 and Moto3 will have some impacts into the 2019 season so i'll try to stay on top of those too, at least for the major teams:

Factory Yamaha
Bike: Yamaha
Riders: Vinales, Rossi

Factory Honda
Bike: Honda
Riders: M.Marquez, Pedrosa

Factory Ducati
Bike: Ducati
Riders: Lorenzo, Dovizioso

Factory Suzuki
Bike: Suzuki
Riders: Rins, Iannone*
*Iannone has a contract but there have been rumblings of he not being there for 2018.

Factory KTM
Bike: KTM
Riders: P.Espargaro, Smith

Gresini Aprilia
Bike: Aprilia
Riders: A.Espargaro, Redding
(Lowes' contract is cut short)

Tech3
Bike: Yamaha
Riders: Folgar, Zarco

LCR
Riders: Crutchlow, Nakagami

MarcVDS
Riders: Morbidelli, Luthi

Pramac
Riders: Petrucci, Miller

Aspar
Riders: Bautista,Abraham

Avintia
Riders: Baz/Barbera/Rabat/Simeon/Kallio/Hernandez?

Last edited:
Moto2

MarcVDS
Riders: Mir*, A.Marquez
Mir moves up from Moto3, with this move likely to cause ripple effects throughout MarcVDS's teams likely to leading to (IMO) Rabat's departure.

Snipers
Riders: Fenati

VR46
Riders: Bagnaia, Marini?/Bulega??

Ajo/KTM
Riders: Oliveira, Binder

Intact
Riders: Vierge

Speed Up
Riders: Kent

Gresini
Riders: Navarro

Tasca
Riders: Corsi

Last edited:
Well done. Tito is such a nice guy and he is one that eventually would have got to speed and maybe to the top, he is not a raw talent, he gets better by working at it, but I think he ran out of time.

Someone will keep miller, he won a race and has been in the top 10s.

Cruthclow (or whatever his name is) is an ******* and a kamikaze but get's mad when someone takes him out, one more lap and he would have taken himself out, but he is a safe bet and honda like safe riders that are not going to upset the golden boy.

I think MM little brother will tank at motogp but eventually if he lasts he will get better, he is slightly better than tito.

Morbidelli is now one of my favorite riders, guy is pure cool, calm and collected.

The younger Marquez has impressed me this year, especially the last two races. Morbidelli who looked unbeatable at the start of the season now looks like he's struggling.

The younger Marquez has impressed me this year, especially the last two races. Morbidelli who looked unbeatable at the start of the season now looks like he's struggling.

Yup, it just flipped upside down. Morbidelli looked like he was in a class all on his own, and all of a sudden looks pedestrian. Marquez is vice versa.

https://www.reddit.com/r/motogp/comments/6idqnc/miller_marc_vds_is_priority_other_offers_for_2018/

Miller is clearly not happy with his bike in Honda's pecking order. Despite that, I suspect Miller will want to stay in Honda family though, if he gets a factory contract again and/or gets assurances of more factory-spec equipment, and/or if by some miracle, he signs to be a factory rider in '19.

That all said, my darkhorse bet is that Miller will end up at Aprilia, replacing Lowes.
Great quotes in that interview. Nice to see a rider speak his mind. Seems like a similar story to lots of other Honda riders who have come before him.

As much as I enjoy the Lowes bros, SAM(thanks jay lol) needs to get off that Aprilia. It is not working at all. Not that surprising to be honest, as he did not have consistency in Moto2 either with lots of crashing. At least Aleix gets up front before crashing out lol

Last edited:
Great quotes in that interview. Nice to see a rider speak his mind. Seems like a similar story to lots of other Honda riders who have come before him.

As much as I enjoy the Lowes bros, Alex needs to get off that Aprilia. It is not working at all. Not that surprising to be honest, as he did not have consistency in Moto2 either with lots of crashing. At least Aleix gets up front before crashing out lol

Sam not Alex that's on the Aprilla :agave:

It didn't help Pol and Braddle very much. I have done a lot of endurance racing and the best thing about it to participate in a team event when you always compete as an individual, that could be part of the appeal but I am sure you are right, some factory suck up is in place.

In a world where MotoGP riders race the Suzuka 8 Hours in an effort to buy themselves goodwill with their current manufacturer, Miller is going to race for Honda.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/259577/1/miller-confirmed-for-maiden-suzuka-8-hours-with-honda.html

Back
Top Bottom