2018 MotoGP Silly Season (including Moto2 and Moto3) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2018 MotoGP Silly Season (including Moto2 and Moto3)

It didn't help Pol and Braddle very much. I have done a lot of endurance racing and the best thing about it to participate in a team event when you always compete as an individual, that could be part of the appeal but I am sure you are right, some factory suck up is in place.

If I recall correctly, Pol at least, and maybe Smith as well, chose to leave knowing a factory Yamaha seat would not be available anytime soon. I don't think Miller has that expectation; just looking to stay on the grid.

If I recall correctly, Pol at least, and maybe Smith as well, chose to leave knowing a factory Yamaha seat would not be available anytime soon. I don't think Miller has that expectation; just looking to stay on the grid.

Correct - There isn't a seat for neither of them but there is a seat most likely in a couple of years for Zarco if he continues this way.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/morbidelli-seals-2018-motogp-graduation-with-marc-vds-922457/

Morbidelli to Motogp MarcVDS.

[h=3]2018 MotoGP rider line-up so far:[/h][FONT=&quot]
TeamRiders
Repsol Honda
spain-2.jpg
Marc Marquez
spain-2.jpg
Dani Pedrosa
Movistar Yamaha
italy-2.jpg
Valentino Rossi
spain-2.jpg
Maverick Vinales
Ducati
italy-2.jpg
Andrea Dovizioso
spain-2.jpg
Jorge Lorenzo
Suzuki
italy-2.jpg
Andrea Iannone*
spain-2.jpg
Alex Rins
Aprilia
spain-2.jpg
Aleix Espargaro
united_kingdom-2.jpg
Sam Lowes*
KTM
spain-2.jpg
Pol Espargaro
united_kingdom-2.jpg
Bradley Smith
LCR Honda
united_kingdom-2.jpg
Cal Crutchlow
TBA
Marc VDS Honda
italy-2.jpg
Franco Morbidelli
TBA
Tech 3 Yamaha
france-2.jpg
Johann Zarco
germany-4.jpg
Jonas Folger
Pramac DucatiTBA
Aspar DucatiTBA
Avintia DucatiTBA
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Front posts updated.

VR46 Riders Academy's first success story. Morbidelli moves up to GP. Marquez remains in Moto2. Looks like Rabat is out at MarcVDS.

Last edited:
So it's sounding like Petrucci has a choice between Pramac and Aprilia.

Assuming he has access to a GP18 next year, then I think Pramac is the better option between the two.

So it's sounding like Petrucci has a choice between Pramac and Aprilia.

Assuming he has access to a GP18 next year, then I think Pramac is the better option between the two.

I would agree... but do not underestimate the allure of being on a Factory team, and leading the development direction, over being the mule working the development for another garage. Wouldn't be the first guy to leave a good ride for a less competitive factory seat and contract

I would agree... but do not underestimate the allure of being on a Factory team, and leading the development direction, over being the mule working the development for another garage. Wouldn't be the first guy to leave a good ride for a less competitive factory seat and contract

I would agree if it were anyone else but Aprilia. I just don't think Aprilia have the resources to compete. Aprilia historically excelled at being the big fish in the little pond - e.g. WSBK and the previous 250s and 125s. I think they are terrribly outmatched in MotoGP. I hope I am wrong though.

Watching practice, they were saying Petrucci re-uping and getting a GP-18 is almost a foregone conclusion... One caveat, seems it will be a Factory contract with Ducati directly... Lorenzo back-up plan lol

Watching practice, they were saying Petrucci re-uping and getting a GP-18 is almost a foregone conclusion... One caveat, seems it will be a Factory contract with Ducati directly... Lorenzo back-up plan lol

they just confirmed it - Petrucci re-signs

Latest rumour is that Miller is out at MarcVDS. He won't get an HRC contract, and apparently MarcVDS does not want to pay what Miller thinks he is worth.

Who knows..

My personal speculation.

With Estrella Galicia sponsoring MarcVDS, I have to believe there will be some pressure to have a spaniard in the now open seat, but pickings are slim for a quality spanish rider out there. Believe it or not, I think A.Marquez** might be the best candidate out there, despite his moto2 deal.

I think the best candidate overall though would be Thomas Luthi from Moto2, or Scott Redding. I don't really see anyone else out there, except for long shots like Van der Mark or Bradl in WSBK.

We will see.

**edited per below.

Last edited:
My personal speculation.

With Estrella Galicia sponsoring MarcVDS, I have to believe there will be some pressure to have a spaniard in the now open seat, but pickings are slim for a quality spanish rider out there. Believe it or not, I think M.Marquez might be the best candidate out there, despite his moto2 deal.

I think the best candidate overall though would be Thomas Luthi from Moto2. I don't really see anyone else out there, except for long shots like Van der Mark or Bradl in WSBK.

We will see.

Alex Marquez

new rumour (speculation):

if miller signs with pramac, redding becomes the most likely candidate to sign at (and return to) MarcVDS.

some juicy moto3 rumours:

1. Bastianini is in talks with Leopard Racing
2. Antonelli and Dalla Porta also in talks with Leopard Racing to replace Loi if he leaves.
3. Bulega is in talks with VR46 and Snipers. The rumour is that VR46 want to promote him to Moto2, but Bulega wants to stay in Moto3. the seat in question would be Fenati's seat. Fenati is rumoured to move up to Moto2 next year.

Interestingly, it was the same site that suggested Bastianini is going to Snipers so... rumours are what they are.

https://www.gpone.com/it/2017/07/05/moto3/leopard-punta-sugli-italiani-per-il-2018.html

Rumour is that Sandro Cortese from Moto2 is heading to World Superbikes, potentially at Ken Tate Honda (Nicky Hayden's seat), or at Althea BMW.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom