Anyone wanna go to a private sell with me? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone wanna go to a private sell with me?

A 250 shouldn't be too bad but have you checked your insurance rates? Just asking.

A few people have had nasty news after buying.

I'm in Whitby, I can go with you. I owned a cbr250 a few years ago.

A 250 shouldn't be too bad but have you checked your insurance rates? Just asking.

A few people have had nasty news after buying.

Yes I did, I'm 33 and had my G2 for 15 years, shopped around and got a quote for 999$ a year. Not the cheapest I know but its within my budget

I'm in Whitby, I can go with you. I owned a cbr250 a few years ago.

If you can that'd be great! Thanks man. I'll PM you

Yes I did, I'm 33 and had my G2 for 15 years, shopped around and got a quote for 999$ a year. Not the cheapest I know but its within my budget

If you can that'd be great! Thanks man. I'll PM you

You couldn't have anyone else better than Jay to go with. He likes medium double doubles

I usually look at it this way if the bike looks good and the owner keeps it that way, means usually they take pride in ownership, so usually that should be an indication bike should be good overall condition. This dos not mean a dirty bike is bad, could be loved just as much and it's really liked and used well, but those bikes are usually not for sale....lol

Go with your gut, and your probably going to be fine, unless some goes out with you..

have to agree with this....if the bike is tidy and has no obvious damage it's prolly okay

OP: first one you posted at 5,000 km can't see how much could be wrong with it except damage from a dump

a lot comes down to the owner and the circumstances of it's storage
if it's been garaged and the owner can speak in an intelligent manner about the bike that's a good sign

if you meet some dude in a parking lot and he's a shyt stain of a human being you know the answer

Last edited:
Hi guys, I went to check out another CBR from my list by myself (not the one in Pickering, but it is my 2nd choice) and took a video. I have a good feeling about the bike, but at the same time I was nervous and missed a few points of inspection.

*the bike starts from cold no problem, seller ran it in a small circle for me (1st gear). He said he hasn't been riding since the end of last season.

Took a video and uploaded it, can anyone help me to check for anything I missed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrpKj_i72VU&t=60s

@fuwafuwa it *looks* really clean/ well kept/ not ridden much. What year and how much? And iirc there is some early maint. that should have been done that costs about $1k. Did that get done? Does the seller have the maint records? That may be a good choice. Someone posted in another thread about a common issue cbr 250s had, although I can't quite recall what is was.

Edit: it was @DemonPig in this thread. Keep that in mind.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

What were you asking at the end of the vid? Looks good from the vid. Any scratching on the bar ends, levers, pegs, shifter, brake? Didn't look like from the vid. How thick were the brake pads, did you take a flashlight to look at them? What year were the tires made? Thread looks fine, it's whether the rubber is still soft enough. From just the vid, it looks to be a good choice if the price is right. Personally I have no problem with small drops and scratches, etc. that don't diminish the performance, cause it makes it cheaper. And as a starter bike cheap is good as long as it works well, cause chances are it will get dropped, etc. That way you have one less worry about damaging a pristine ride. Remember it's your first bike, not your last.

Hi guys here's an update. I put down a deposit for the bike in the first listing.

I met up with Jay and we went to see the bike today. Cosmetically, I think the bike from yesterday (the YouTube vid) was a 9/10, the one from today is more like a 6.9/10 (scuffed handle bar, one 1"long scratch on fairing, very scratched exhaust guard, the stickers were a little out of my taste), but for a $300 difference I think I can live with that. Plus I have Jay's assurance that this bike is most likely problem free is really a confidence booster.

Seller is getting the UVIP and safety done tomorrow, after those are checked I'm hoping to pick up the CBR next Sat.

Huge thank you to everyone that reached out to me. I have never had such great experience with an enthusiast community before.

Congrats on the purchase.

Congratulations! I am still shopping for a similar bike. Some days I get my hopes up and other days... Too slow to snag it before the next guy/gal. So far a couple of them, I have gotten the run around by the seller.

I know people complain about buyers but as a buyer it's so far been the other way for me.

Sent from my Pixel using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Congratulations! I am still shopping for a similar bike. Some days I get my hopes up and other days... Too slow to snag it before the next guy/gal. So far a couple of them, I have gotten the run around by the seller.

I know people complain about buyers but as a buyer it's so far been the other way for me.

Sent from my Pixel using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Go for the one from the 2nd listing i posted on page 1, it is the same one I took the video on youtube. I personally think that one was a close 2nd choice of mine.

Gratz! I just though I'd Chime in here if anyone else is Looking for a CBR250R, a Local Dealer (KW Honda) Got a 2011 with 25596 Km for $2289, No ABS Though: http://www.kwhonda.com/2011-honda-cbr250r-inventory.htm?id=1965648&in-stock=1
if ABS is a Must & a slightly Bigger Engine (300 instead of 250) is OK, They Also Have a Tricolor 2015 CBR300RA with 1385 Km for $3829: http://www.kwhonda.com/2015-honda-cbr300ra-inventory.htm?id=1965668&in-stock=1
They Also Have a New Non-Current Orange 2016 CBR300R ABS on Clearance till June 30th For $4483, Regular Price of $5683: http://www.kwhonda.com/2016-honda-cbr300r-abs-inventory.htm?id=1557954&in-stock=1

Nice plug, are you associated with KW Honda?
Gratz! I just though I'd Chime in here if anyone else is Looking for a CBR250R, a Local Dealer (KW Honda) Got a 2011 with 25596 Km for $2289, No ABS Though: http://www.kwhonda.com/2011-honda-cbr250r-inventory.htm?id=1965648&in-stock=1
if ABS is a Must & a slightly Bigger Engine (300 instead of 250) is OK, They Also Have a Tricolor 2015 CBR300RA with 1385 Km for $3829: http://www.kwhonda.com/2015-honda-cbr300ra-inventory.htm?id=1965668&in-stock=1
They Also Have a New Non-Current Orange 2016 CBR300R ABS on Clearance till June 30th For $4483, Regular Price of $5683: http://www.kwhonda.com/2016-honda-cbr300r-abs-inventory.htm?id=1557954&in-stock=1

No I'm Not, I Just Like to Help People out when Possible. Only Dealings I Had with them Personally Was to get some parts For a 1983 Honda ATC 200E Big Red I Had Years ago.

No I'm Not, I Just Like to Help People out when Possible. Only Dealings I Had with them Personally Was to get some parts For a 1983 Honda ATC 200E Big Red I Had Years ago.

Ahhh the 200E Big Red, I had a lot of fun on one when I was a kid. I think mine might have been the '82 though, and IIRC they added a reverse gear in '84.

Yep, the 200ES, They went from Chain Drive to Shaft with Reverse, Then 85-87 (The Final Year for ATCs) it was 250 instead of 200.

Hi guys here's an update, I took possession of the bike the past Saturday.

IMG-20170619-WA0019_zpsur0d8a7o.jpg

Got the papers ready last night, went out for a spin. Since it was 4 years ago since I got my M2 (plus I've never been on the road), it was a lot to take in at once.

Some thoughts:

Sometimes I couldn't get the bike to shift from N -> 1st gear. It just keeps springing back to N, is this a safety feature or am I doing something wrong?

Rode mostly on quiet street last night, got a bit nervous when there's a car behind me and can't see them in the mirrors. Maybe I need to work on my lane positioning.

Still a bit scared to turn into curbed driveways at higher speed

Any recommendation for anti theft device?

Back
Top Bottom