Anyone wanna go to a private sell with me? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone wanna go to a private sell with me?

fuwafuwa

Hello everyone,

Been trying to buy my first motorcycle. I found this listing today and the seller is in Pickering, I am wondering if anyone is nearby that area to check out the bike with me. I have 0 knowledge on the mechanical aspect and would like to check if the bike has been in accident before, or and any hidden issues that will cost me a lot of money to fix (I have read the motorcycle inspection thread for the second time today and still feel a little inconfident).

Seller said he is available tomorrow (Fri) night or Sat morning - afternoon. I am willing to compensate for your time if you know what you are doing, you can straight up let me know how much you are looking for to make this worthwhile. I have never had experience this before so I'd rather not offend anyone if they feel my offer is too small.

id recommend frekeguy but hes on vacay

Anyone else?

Perhaps you could share your approx location along wit ha link to the bikes ad and potential pics might help?

Last edited:
I'd go with you, but I am a good distance from Pickering...

Bike looks good in pictures, can't see much wrong on a 5 year old bike

Check tires there are wear bars that will tell you if they are still good or not, check brake pads, look for cracks in frame, look at paint on frame for cracks, cracking, look at the body work on the inside for sign of damage, most repairs are done perfectly on the good side, but you will see the fix on the inside of the panel. Does it start, run, idle, all 3 should be a yes. If u can't ride it have owner run it up down street and change gears, sit on bike pull in clutch put in gear, if it don't move so far so good, let out clutch slowly see at what point bike starts to move, if it's half way or there about could be a good sign.

Anyways just a few things off the top of my head..

Good luck

I'd go with you, but I am a good distance from Pickering...

Bike looks good in pictures, can't see much wrong on a 5 year old bike

Check tires there are wear bars that will tell you if they are still good or not, check brake pads, look for cracks in frame, look at paint on frame for cracks, cracking, look at the body work on the inside for sign of damage, most repairs are done perfectly on the good side, but you will see the fix on the inside of the panel. Does it start, run, idle, all 3 should be a yes. If u can't ride it have owner run it up down street and change gears, sit on bike pull in clutch put in gear, if it don't move so far so good, let out clutch slowly see at what point bike starts to move, if it's half way or there about could be a good sign.

Anyways just a few things off the top of my head..

Good luck

Thanks for the tips sir, writing them down on my notepad right now

To narrow down, i'd avoid black, it makes an already hard to see vehicle even harder, and statistically proven to get into more accidents

The one with 13000 kms looks dirty compared to the others, and has higher mileage, and as i have found riders tend to skip on important maintenance(especially valves)

Imo, the first two are the better options, both have abs so thats good.

I usually look at it this way if the bike looks good and the owner keeps it that way, means usually they take pride in ownership, so usually that should be an indication bike should be good overall condition. This dos not mean a dirty bike is bad, could be loved just as much and it's really liked and used well, but those bikes are usually not for sale....lol

Go with your gut, and your probably going to be fine, unless some goes out with you..

To narrow down, i'd avoid black, it makes an already hard to see vehicle even harder, and statistically proven to get into more accidents

The one with 13000 kms looks dirty compared to the others, and has higher mileage, and as i have found riders tend to skip on important maintenance(especially valves)

Imo, the first two are the better options, both have abs so thats good.

My bike is orange, and they still don't see me at times,,,,,lol

to further narrow down, see who is willing to provide safety? Ask about liens and ask to see uvip

to further narrow down, see who is willing to provide safety? Ask about liens and ask to see uvip

First listing seller is willing to provide safety.

Second listing seller kept telling me I don't need safety for motorcycles, only cars:confused:

Lol then **** that seller, hes lying to you already

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Can't seem to send pm's sorry
Did you try @frekeyguy?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Thanks for getting back to me Joe, someone in here mentioned Frekeyguy is on vacation. I will try reaching out to him regardless
See if lowrider is available. He has posted before that he may do this sort of thing iirc

joe might also be able to help, provided you buy him a burrito and a beer

High lemon rate for CBR250R. Make sure you don't overpay OP. These bikes are not selling well, you can get an amazing price on them.

Can you let me know what type of issue the CBR has ? Are there certain things I should be looking out for?

joe might also be able to help, provided you buy him a burrito and a beer
Joe Bass don't know squat about whay to look for on bikes.
Joe Bass can barely ride.

OP this may be a longshot but maybe privatepilot will be around tomoro nite

Back
Top Bottom