Need a last second getaway idea for this weekend! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need a last second getaway idea for this weekend!

PrivatePilot

Ironus Butticus
Site Supporter
Looking for a bit of a last second getaway for my wife and I for our 17'th wedding anniversary.

Long story why we didn't book anything before now, but it is what it is.

Willing to travel a few hours in any direction from Toronto. Looking for something unique or interesting. We've looked at everything from a log cabin B&B in the woods, to a nice room in Niagara falls, a high end hotel in Toronto, to a resort on the St Lawrence out by Brockville. So far unfortunately nothing is striking our fancy.

Budget of up to $750 or so for a Saturday/Sunday type thing. Friday night a possible add in.

And...go!

for my last anniversary we did nights at the ritz carlton in Toronto. Would totally recommend it

Have considered the fancy hotel in Toronto idea. Have done it before for past anniversaries actually, including dinner at the CN Tower, etc etc....but it kinda feels like a repeat to do it again unless there's something really special about the room that would make it unique.

Prince of Whales in Niagara on the Lake. Check out the couples spa treatment.

Then take your time and find a winery or two. A few tastings and if you buy, they will typically give a tasting or two for free.

Konzelmann out side of town is a nice drive and nice view. They also have some nice reserves that are reasonably priced. Staff are excellent. They also have bottles in litres if 750 ml leaves you wanting more on occasion.

Peninsula Ridge in Beamsville is another scenic winery with an excellent restaurant/menu that is reasonably priced as well. The antipasto plate for two at $24 makes for a great lunch along with any of their wines. The patio has views of the rolling hills vineyards and the lake.

Haven't stayed at the Prince of Whales Hotel. But high tea is a nice experience. And my wife enjoyed the spa treatment for her birthday. I passed but, felt I'd benefit too much from it and it was really her birthday. Not mine.

The golf course in Niagara on the Lake is very nice too. If you both like to golf? Book a tee time and take in the view.

That's all I got off the top of my head checking the forum. Might have some ideas tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Paris, France.
I would charter a jet.

Edit: nvm

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Last edited:
Met Iggy Pop in an elevator at the king Edward - he looked like death warmed over, his companion was lovely.

Hockley Valley Resort, Orangeville
winery, spa, golf, fine dining, nice pool, hiking trails
chickies love it there

Prince of Whales in Niagara on the Lake.

The Prince Of Wales came to mind, as did Niagara On The Lake as a whole as we could do a day trip to Niagara after checking out. Unfortunately the POW is showing booked out this weekend. There were a few other prospects in the area, but in the end the winery aspect doesn't appeal to us (my wife isn't really a drinker much, if at all, and not wine) so it's not really our bag.

Paris, France.
I would charter a jet.

LOL. I have an American Express, but not the black one. ;)

For our 20'th we're going to go do something like this, but that's a few years away.

Track day? It would be memorable.

Methinks the WAF (Wife Approval Factor) would be very low on that. ;)

Hockley Valley Resort, Orangeville
winery, spa, golf, fine dining, nice pool, hiking trails
chickies love it there

Interesting, hadn't considered that place, looking now.

Clayton New York if you and the Mrs like classic boats, scenery, Boldt castle etc.

We'd looked at a few things on the Canadian side in that area. Boldt castle is something I'd like to see. Any reason for the US side vs the Canadian side you're suggesting?

Thanks all.

We'd looked at a few things on the Canadian side in that area. Boldt castle is something I'd like to see. Any reason for the US side vs the Canadian side you're suggesting?

Thanks all.

As much as we complain about American foreign policies it's hard to beat their hospitality.

My wife and I like classic boats and the wooden boat museum had a 28 foot Hackercraft reproduction that you could take rides on. There is nothing like the sound and feel of a big block Chevy on the water.

In general the lure of the USA is that the country is older than Canada and therefore has more history. They have 10 X the population and therefore far more entertainment venues.

Thanks all.

My parents had a great time at the boat museum (and ride).

Prince Edward County. Find a nice B&B around Wellington and do the rounds of the wineries and breweries.

Chautauqua Institution in Upstate New York.
It's on my list of places to visit; get yourself a little intellectual stimulation. It's in the heart of NY State wine country.

I'd recommend picking an area then using airBnb.com to find a place to stay. I've been using this site like crazy lately.

Last edited:
Tobermory and Flowerpot island...
The boat there goes over some sunken wrecks you can see clearly through the glass bottom. Couple decent hotels and stuff that way.

Back
Top Bottom