New member from Richmond Hill | GTAMotorcycle.com

New member from Richmond Hill

fuwafuwa

Hello everyone,

My name is Joe. Got my M2 four years ago but never got to purchase a bike, was under a wrong impression that I need at least $12-15k to start the hobby, plus had a scooter accident 4 years ago that discouraged me a bit. Right now I am hoping to get a starter bike to enjoy the rest of the season as well as to hone my skills for the M exam before it gets expired next summer.

Don't know if it is the right place to ask this question, if not then hope someone can point me to the right place: I am either going spend around 5.5k - 6k on a brand new CBR300RA (I budgeted more because of the financing option). Or to buy a used CBR250RA for around 2.5k - 3k. The consensus on this forum is to buy a used one, however I am a bit lost on the private seller market because I don't have a clue what I am looking for (0 knowledge on the mechanics of a motorcycle, can't tell if a bike has been in an accident before, even having read through the guide provided in this forum).

Wondering if there are anyone experienced in the 2nd hand market that can guide me through my first purchase, or any inputs in regards of mechanical inspection would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hey Joe, welcome to the forum!
There are a ton of threads here with the info you are looking for.
And there are a few members that will weigh in on potential bikes that you may have an eye on, and a few that will give you a hand checking out a bike for a small fee (cash, case of beer, etc)
I am one of the ones who will 100% say go with a used bike.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

And there are a few members that will weigh in on potential bikes that you may have an eye on, and a few that will give you a hand checking out a bike for a small fee (cash, case of beer, etc)

I could really use some help from these members, at the end I just want a bike that is problem free and I only have to worry about its maintanance. In return I have no problems offering cash, or some fine cuban cigars/scotch/beer(if that's your thing)

Definitely go used. I'm nearby and if the bike is too, I'll offer an opinion. I don't drink or smoke though....lol

Thank you for your offer Rice. If I see any listing nearby I will definitely hit you up, currently all the listings I found are 1-2 hrs drive away :(

Welcome to the forum. I'm also part of the camp that will advise you to buy used. Look for obvious things like scrapes, leaks, cracks. Does the bike start easily. Make sure all the lights and switches work. Good luck and happy motoring.

Welcome Joe. I just bought a used bike, I can share some thoughts and advice when acquiring second hand ride. Shoot me a PM if you like.

I'd go used too. Also just bot one. Take your time and look around and take a friend. Lucky I had one with me or else I would have bot the first one I saw.

Back
Top Bottom